Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thank You Ford for destroying the Fiesta ST. RIP 2014-17

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You need to get over your weird issues with the Japanese.
Yup, just as soon as the majority U.S. public masses get over their "weird issues" with the domestic manufacturers. [rolleyes]

BTW; it is NOT the Japanese people I have a problem with, but their big 3 auto manufacturers, and Ministry Of Trade/Currency, and government which I despise. [wink]

Yup, just as soon as the majority U.S. public masses get over their "weird issues" with the domestic manufacturers. [rolleyes]

BTW; it is NOT the Japanese people I have a problem with, but their big 3 auto manufacturers, and Ministry Of Trade/Currency, and government which I despise. [wink]
It feels a little silly needing to tell you this....

You're talking to an audience of FORD owners. I think we're all past that issue.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It feels a little silly needing to tell you this....

You're talking to an audience of FORD owners. I think we're all past that issue.
Correct, and the people on this site who bought these cars are NOT the "majority of the U.S. public" who still (even when the domestics have been PROVEN to be just as good/reliable, IF not better than their sacred far eastern brands) mostly buy Nippon nameplates exclusively. [wink]

Just look at how few of these cars are sold in this land, and how few of the Camry only buying masses even know that these cars exist.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I'm still waiting for good old America to build high hp high rpm fun to drive engine like Honda and Toyota ;)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm still waiting for good old America to build high hp high rpm fun to drive engine like Honda and Toyota ;)
C7Z LS7 revving to 7100 isn't enough? Tuned 5.0 Coyote revs to 8k. GT350 Voodoo revs to 8300.

Sooner or later, we'll be seeing 8k or so.

Even Honda themselves dropped the rev limit in the AP2 down to 8k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
C7Z LS7 revving to 7100 isn't enough? Tuned 5.0 Coyote revs to 8k. GT350 Voodoo revs to 8300.

Sooner or later, we'll be seeing 8k or so.

Even Honda themselves dropped the rev limit in the AP2 down to 8k.

4 cylinder........

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I never really understood the whole deification of small 4 bangers which one MUST rev the effing piss out of to get ANY power at all.

HAVING to keep the revs at or above 8K, or go backwards, just never appealed to me for some reason, and their VTEC/VVTi only helped a little on the bottom end.
Is it the weed wacker sounds that is the appeal to the import crew?

As stated above, it's not like domestic V-8s (or even their 4 bangers) instantly self destruct when one goes over 5K revs. [nono]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I never really understood the whole deification of small 4 bangers which one MUST rev the effing piss out of to get ANY power at all.

HAVING to keep the revs at or above 8K, or go backwards, just never appealed to me for some reason, and their VTEC/VVTi only helped a little on the bottom end.
Is it the weed wacker sounds that is the appeal to the import crew?

As stated above, it's not like domestic V-8s (or even their 4 bangers) instantly self destruct when one goes over 5K revs. [nono]
That's easy: when you have a short stroke, you rev high for the torque.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Correct, and the people on this site who bought these cars are NOT the "majority of the U.S. public" who still (even when the domestics have been PROVEN to be just as good/reliable, IF not better than their sacred far eastern brands) mostly buy Nippon nameplates exclusively. [wink]

Just look at how few of these cars are sold in this land, and how few of the Camry only buying masses even know that these cars exist.
A lot of people still have a bad taste in their mouth from the mid 70's early 80's shiz boxes I worked at a Cadillac dealer from 81 to 83 . transmissons that couldn't decide what gear to be in . piston skirts that had to be filed to keep from tapping on crank counterweights. Gas tank baffles rattling around loose. Water leaks. Surface rust on cars right off the transporter. Etc etc.

joesiris

Utter blasphemy! (Says the former Subaru fanatic. Who secretly agrees with you.)
I'll even make the claim that the 4G63T in the late Evo 8's/9's is the best 4-cylinder motor ever made with all things taken into consideration.
its actually funny you bring up this debate, cuz yesterday I was in barnes and noble, and this months "modern classics" magazine was all about the evo versus Subaru...should check it out, its a cool look through history of the 2 cars

joesiris

Utter blasphemy! (Says the former Subaru fanatic. Who secretly agrees with you.)
I'll even make the claim that the 4G63T in the late Evo 8's/9's is the best 4-cylinder motor ever made with all things taken into consideration.
its actually funny you bring up this debate, cuz yesterday I was in barnes and noble, and this months "modern classics" magazine was all about the evo versus Subaru...should check it out, its a cool look through history of the 2 cars

joesiris

just for the record I am actually tired of seeing the camry get all the spotlight, which is why (even though its a KIA) I am glad the stinger got more spotlight in the Detroit auto show this year