Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuning Options In NZ?

Hey guys

Im all the way from NZ and have owned my 2014 ST for a whole week now[:D] and it is truly a fantastic car, especially in the bends, but Im just yearning for just that little bit of extra power to take it to that next level. My power goals are not massive and I highly doubt i will go hybrid turbo (never say never though right), so from reading the various threads an aftermarket Front mount and a custom tune is the way to go.

However from as far as i know Cobb do not support the accesport for our market, which blows, because I had a Freektuned Mazdaspeed 3 before this and it was mental. I dont want to have to shell out on the Mountune MP215 kit to just get their version of the AP. So what im really asking is whether I should go custom tune from a tuning company that hasn't really done a lot of these cars before or go for something like the Pumaspeed MAXD tuning box, or something similiar from a recognized tuning company for this platform? Do you thing a custom tune will still be the way to go in this case?

Appreciate any response/opinions and apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse here

Cheers guys[:o]

I've got the the bluefin tune in mine at the moment. Running a airtec intercooler, silicon intake pipe , A GFB blow off valve and a straight through exhaust .
The tune seems to work well with it. As you know there isn't much down here for us. The superchip dealer peter in NZ (peter@superchips.co.nz) is working on a tune for our car right now . So hopefully it will work for our conditions

OP
MoltenOrangeNZ
Thread Starter #3
Cheers mate, I will look into that. How does your car feel now with the tune? Way better than the stock tune? Im also looking at the Airtec intercooler, looks sooo nice!

Cheers mate, I will look into that. How does your car feel now with the tune? Way better than the stock tune? Im also looking at the Airtec intercooler, looks sooo nice!
Seems better. My wifes got one as well and we had a bit of fun taking off together mine pulled away quite easly.
In the hotter weather the intercooler works great.
For the size of the car they go not and the tune works well. think Peter is trying to do the stage 2 tune but without buying the other intake.
I do miss my FG turbo but having all that HP and no where to use it apart from the drags got to be a pain and expensive when getting caught on the boost

OP
MoltenOrangeNZ
Thread Starter #5
Seems better. My wifes got one as well and we had a bit of fun taking off together mine pulled away quite easly.
In the hotter weather the intercooler works great.
For the size of the car they go not and the tune works well. think Peter is trying to do the stage 2 tune but without buying the other intake.
I do miss my FG turbo but having all that HP and no where to use it apart from the drags got to be a pain and expensive when getting caught on the boost

Well that's good to hear. Just got a reply from Peter at superchips and it seems very professional and laid out all the details clearly. I think i will pull the trigger on the stage one bluefin tune once i get the money together and purchase the intercooler at a later date. Yeah he told me about the stage 2 tune with different intakes, looks like about 2 months away according to him, but it will use a different tuning device and not the bluefin apparently, so will be interesting to see what it is.
Jesus mate i bet, they are powerfull cars and lethal with minimal mods done, was yours the xr6 or the F6? I had a MPS3 mildy modified beforehand, still kinda miss the wheel tugging torque it produced haha