Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Odd Grainy Film on Windshield

I assume this has been on my car since day one of my ownership, but I only noticed it a few weeks ago. I bought the car Nov 16 with 9k miles on it.

There is this odd grainy film on the outside of the windshield that only is visible in the correct sunlight. It starts about a half foot below the AS1 line and goes to the top. It has a texture to it and that texture feels a lot like overspray. I have tried Windex and other glass cleaners with no change. I also took a razor blade and chose a tiny area to see if I could scratch it off. No change.

I buy all my cars through a 3rd Party so I never deal with dealerships except for the rare service appointment. So taking it back to the dealer is not really an option here.

Anyone have any ideas on what can get this off?

Two pictures are below and my best attempts to catch the issue on camera.

Window2.PNG

Window1.PNG

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
Appreciate it. I will try the Magic Eraser first since my wife has a collection of them around the house already.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Clay bar with lots of soap (can use dish soap but keep it off the paint). Then follow up with a sealer like rainx, wax or better.

Try a clay bar. don't use a majic eraser those are just fine sand paper so it may or may not ruin your windshield