Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Should I go with a catted or catless DP?

Do you also lack the ability to read full paragraphs, or do bold statements make your brain melt into a point where you simplify a text that it looses it's full meaning?

I was referring to removing the CAT on a FiST. If you would like to argue me on this point try, something tells me you have no idea what pollutants are, or how they are even created in the first place.

I would move if the state is that backwards. So as long as something is "worse" doing less is OK? So I can beat someone to within an inch of his life and that is OK because I could have killed him? So everyone can take their cats off and that is OK with you. I have no problem if you want to break the law, but don't try to justify it
In your analogy you basically specified two different laws, reinforcing my point. The statement you just made does have a difference and in the eyes of the law are not created equal.

You are missing my point some how and again the fact that you escalated my analogy of speeding to murder gives me all I need to know. Just because people say something is wrong doesn't mean it is.

All I'm really trying to say is our little 1.6 DI engine straight piped, is nothing compared to 70% of the vehicles you pass every day. Abiding or breaking the law aside, no one should feel morally wrong about running catless on a FiST

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
In your analogy you basically specified two different laws, reinforcing my point. The statement you just made does have a difference and in the eyes of the law are not created equal.

You are missing my point some how and again the fact that you escalated my analogy of speeding to murder gives me all I need to know. Just because people say something is wrong doesn't mean it is.

All I'm really trying to say is our little 1.6 DI engine straight piped, is nothing compared to 70% of the vehicles you pass every day. Abiding or breaking the law aside, no one should feel morally wrong about running catless on a FiST
I personally think that we should not be publicly encouraging people to break laws and pollute our country. I retired from corrections as a Captain and have heard your argument from inmates for years trying to justify. My generation is responsible for the EPA and I have lived the 60's and the brown air and belching smokestacks. You will get zero support from me in your never ending quest to pollute. My mods on my cars will always remain street legal for cars I drive on the street. A race car is a different story. Your rational reminds me of the child saying "everyone is doing it" and believes that makes it right. I realized that this forum is probably majority on the who cares side as I think most of us mod our cars. If you want to do these thing I am not here to battle people over it, but I and others on this thread have expressed opinions that disagree with this. Nobody is going to change anyones opinion if they have strong feeling one way or another. I think this site is visited by many new people and I hope the ones that care about pollution will not be turned off by thinking that all members think that way. It is not a necessity to defeat the emissions to mod or enjoy the FiST. I guess I am lucky to live where all cars are tested each year!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Do you also lack the ability to read full paragraphs, or do bold statements make your brain melt into a point where you simplify a text that it looses it's full meaning?

I was referring to removing the CAT on a FiST. If you would like to argue me on this point try, something tells me you have no idea what pollutants are, or how they are even created in the first place.
If you are arguing that it is OK to illegally modify ANY car the answer is like another poster said, "seriously?" You want to argue that breaking the law is OK if you don't agree with it, again, seriously? And you want to debate pollutants to justify it..one more time, seriously! WOW!

Do what you want with your car, I expressed an opinion and you got offended because you do not agree with it. Fine, but stop getting butt hurt because I don't buy your arguments trying to justify it. I would have been happy to hear it is cheaper or makes my car faster but to claim you are not doing any harm is disingenuous. Even my kids tried the "everybody's doing it " excuse. If you do not agree with a law then work to change it. But people like me that worked many years ago so that YOU now enjoy a much, much cleaner America and want to live in a cleaner environment will NEVER agree that what you are doing is OK! So stop beating your head against a brick wall trying to get my approval......not going to happen, end of subject, I do not expect to change you either and that is OK......let it go!

I run the Depo hi flow catted downpipe and I love it. Its what a 100 cel count. The cobb is a 200. I couldnt be happier with it. Although it does give some smells when sitting at lights. but wouldn't change it.