Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$250 to enable the reverse camera

Yaodiren

Looks not cheap. But I have other awesome ways to make your entertainment more powerful.[readthis]

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
Yeah, there's already another thread on here with step by step on how to do it with Forscan, and other members including me have confirmed it
And me as well. The lockpick or the harness found from 4dtech can save you some headach to attach the camera. $50 is not to bad for that. The activation of the feature is very easy via Forscan and is really the cost of an ODB reader ($30 buck for a switch ELM327)

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
Any word on this for 2017's?
It should work as it works on 2016 and 2015. Reason this is important is the SYNC version changed from 2.x to 3.x in 2016 yet the function to turn it on remains the same. IT is also the same across multiple vehicles.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
Any word on this for 2017's?
It should work as it works on 2016 and 2015. Reason this is important is the SYNC version changed from 2.x to 3.x in 2016 yet the function to turn it on remains the same. IT is also the same across multiple vehicles.

I must be blind but I can't find the instructions for forscan anywhere or the steps on what I need to do. Can someone link the exact post?

Have we confirmed the entire 4dtech unit works?
So I ordered the 4dTech Canopener and harness. Installed it on my 2017 FiST and it works beautifully. WITHOUT the side effects (night/day not auto switching and auto-dim broken) that come with modifying the module yourself with Forscan. Everything works and I now have a perfect backup camera that looks and works like the factory unit. Worth every penny.

So I ordered the 4dTech Canopener and harness. Installed it on my 2017 FiST and it works beautifully. WITHOUT the side effects (night/day not auto switching and auto-dim broken) that come with modifying the module yourself with Forscan. Everything works and I now have a perfect backup camera that looks and works like the factory unit. Worth every penny.
You should pull a log or a screenshot out of Forscan so we can see the settings. =)

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
How much did it cost?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What camera did you use as well? How difficult was it removing everything and running the camera wire to the headunit

I can't find the one write up of the guy who bought a license plate camera where he hard wires it to mft and enables it with forscan. Anyone have the link to his write up? My stuff just came in and lost his page. Thanks!

You be willing to pull the forscan as built log, so we can compare the changes? Im curious what else needs to be changed to maintain the auto-dim functionality. I would consider purchasing the cable for you, if you would seriously consider.

Where did you get the kit? And total cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much did it cost?
$249 direct from 4DTech - https://www.4dtech.com/rear-camera-programmer-for-sync-2-3-8-screen/

What camera did you use as well? How difficult was it removing everything and running the camera wire to the headunit
Pioneer ND-BC8 - $57 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/PIONEER-ND-BC8-Universal-Rearview-Camera/dp/B00XBDBQ8S

Running the wire for the camera was not fun. Wire coat hanger was needed to feed the wire through and around the hatch and rear window. PITA. Took an hour and a half to get it right. Power and ground are supplied from under the dash. Harness plugs right in to the head unit. composite video plugs in to that from the camera.

You be willing to pull the forscan as built log, so we can compare the changes? Im curious what else needs to be changed to maintain the auto-dim functionality. I would consider purchasing the cable for you, if you would seriously consider.
This is something I would consider a long as there is no risk of bricking my unit. Would need a little hand holding, heterosexually speaking.

Where did you get the kit? And total cost?
See above reply.