Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$250 to enable the reverse camera

If people are going to get this info from his AB file they should pitch in a pay for this users kit in my opinion.

This is something I would consider a long as there is no risk of bricking my unit. Would need a little hand holding, heterosexually speaking.
I understand that. I wouldnt mind helping you get it up and running but i suppose there could never be a total elimination of risk. I have another idea - i am going to message you.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #83
Wow I must have skipped right over it cause I thought it was on it's own thread. I just got the stuff in and will be doing the install later tomorrow. I've had forscan and the one connector for some time and when I seen the thread that you just need these few things I was blown away at how cheap and easy to do the install. I've been dying to have a back up camera since day 1 3 years ago. This brings me closer to having the perfect little car. If you don't mind I will even do a video with the instructions that everyone here has used and can put it up on YouTube so it makes everyone's life a little easier if they choose to do it if everyone is cool with that.

Wow I must have skipped right over it cause I thought it was on it's own thread. I just got the stuff in and will be doing the install later tomorrow. I've had forscan and the one connector for some time and when I seen the thread that you just need these few things I was blown away at how cheap and easy to do the install. I've been dying to have a back up camera since day 1 3 years ago. This brings me closer to having the perfect little car. If you don't mind I will even do a video with the instructions that everyone here has used and can put it up on YouTube so it makes everyone's life a little easier if they choose to do it if everyone is cool with that.
Please do. I would love to see how you tackle this install and hopefully can clear up any questions that people may be having.
If you could link with every product or tool you used to that would be awesome.

Personally, I'm thinking about going through the 4D Tech Canopener and harness with a random camera path since I rather not lose any features when using forscan.

Thanks and good luck!

2015 Sync 2 - Auto Dim now works!!!

Hey all,

Updated my 7D0-01-01 module exactly to that of the Fiesta titanium of the 2015 model year. it picks up the back up camera perfectly fine still. I verified by covering the light sensor this morning that the auto dim is back to functioning, as i suspected last night when i made the change. Also changes the screen brightness per the dash illumination switch too. All works great like it did before camera.

Below is my As-Built data from the titanium, and what was flashed to my ST - that is making it work. Flash your 2015 and report back. By trying this, you are taking on the responsibility of any issues occurring.

7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 c052

I did some playing around with 2016 model year, with sync 3, and am providing the below info. I have no way to test this - but you are more then welcome to try. obviously if anything bad happens, its on you.

It looks like for Sync3 you would need to possibly update only data blocks 2 and 3, and for data block one, they both show "2130"
2016 AB ST - 2130 6506 0094
2016 AB Tit - 2130 6105 C050

Last edited:

brbauer2

It looks like for Sync3 you would need to possibly update only data blocks 2 and 3, and for data block one, they both show "2130"
2016 AB ST - 2130 6506 0094
2016 AB Tit - 2130 6105 C050
I don't have access to a windows machine right now, but I will give this a shot next chance I get!

Posted this on the other reverse cam thread but I thought i'd drop it here too.

Confirmed that setting:

APIM 7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 C052

Enables backup camera and retains auto-switch to night mode and auto dimming on a MY2016 w/Sync3.

No need for $50 cables.

Does anyone have a part number for the metal things that go into the harness for the screen?

Ford likely wont provide a PN. They are a standardize Amp connected. Believe CanadianGuy posted them somewhere in one of these threads.

You will need a decent set of crimpers to properly crimp them. I have these for re-pinning BMW connectors. Should work fine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050KDKUC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cheated an just cut some pre-crimped amp connecters out of a jvc radio harness and spliced them to my video wire.

Ford likely wont provide a PN. They are a standardize Amp connected. Believe CanadianGuy posted them somewhere in one of these threads.

You will need a decent set of crimpers to properly crimp them. I have these for re-pinning BMW connectors. Should work fine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050KDKUC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cheated an just cut some pre-crimped amp connecters out of a jvc radio harness and spliced them to my video wire.
The pins from a old floppy drive power connector work too. =)

Just saw this. Really tempting... Just dont want to be the first.

Another in the line of CANopener products! This simple to install kit allows you to add a backup camera to any Ford or Lincoln vehicle with SYNC 2 (MyFord / MyLincoln Touch) or SYNC 3 in three easy steps:

Install our (optional) Plug n' Play "T" harness behind the touchscreen
Plug the camera of your choice into our T harness
Easily enable the backup camera input using included CANopenerļæ½ Flash programmer

The CANopenerļæ½ Flash programmer plugs into your vehicle's OBDII diagnostic port under your steering column. In a matter of seconds, the Flash will enable the backup camera feature on your vehicle's touchscreen. It will show the attached backup camera when the vehicle is placed in reverse - just like it would from the factory!

INCLUDED:
CANopenerļæ½ Flash Programmer
Camera Video "T" Harness
Detailed Printed Instructions

FEATURES:
Easy Plug n' Play install
Simple DIY vehicle programming

CAMERA SUPPORT

Our harness will support any vehicle backup camera with a standard RCA connection. Please note, you will need to follow the camera instructions for sourcing power.

COMPATIBILITY:

2011-Current Ford & Lincoln vehicles w/ SYNC 2 (MyFord / MyLincoln Touch or SYNC 3 (8" Touchscreen) If you have the "Jukebox" feature, then this is NOT for you. Not sure? Ask us FIRST!

https://www.4dtech.com/ford-camera-programmer-for-sync-2-3-8-screen/
Decided to take a leap of faith and purchase the 4D Tech CanOpener and Wiring Harness for the FiST. I was initially really nervous on spending $200 on the piece for it to not work (especially with no returns allowed after it is installed to your specific VIN). However, after much anxiety I have everything installed.

PROS
- CanOpener was just as easy as advertised. Plug in and under a minute your car is programmed.
- Wiring harness just clipped into the old insert and the old harness plugged into the other side of the new harness. VERY simple.

CONS
-Price is a bit high especially for those who use FORscan.
- My nerves[8]

Just as a side note, I bought a reverse camera off of amazon and ran all the wiring to the back myself. It really wasn't that hard, just tedious and requires some patience. Total install took about two-three hours. It could be quicker but wanted to make sure I only had to do this once and properly ran all the wires nice and neat.

Overall great purchase! Hope this helps everyone [biggrin]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Decided to take a leap of faith and purchase the 4D Tech CanOpener and Wiring Harness for the FiST. I was initially really nervous on spending $200 on the piece for it to not work (especially with no returns allowed after it is installed to your specific VIN). However, after much anxiety I have everything installed.

PROS
- CanOpener was just as easy as advertised. Plug in and under a minute your car is programmed.
- Wiring harness just clipped into the old insert and the old harness plugged into the other side of the new harness. VERY simple.

CONS
-Price is a bit high especially for those who use FORscan.
- My nerves[8]

Just as a side note, I bought a reverse camera off of amazon and ran all the wiring to the back myself. It really wasn't that hard, just tedious and requires some patience. Total install took about two-three hours. It could be quicker but wanted to make sure I only had to do this once and properly ran all the wires nice and neat.

Overall great purchase! Hope this helps everyone [biggrin]
LINK for the camera purchase?[phonecall]

Hereā€™s the link. Itā€™s a really nice camera with the guidelines included. ONLY THING THOUGH.

The bracket for where it mounts isnā€™t long enough and needed to be modified ever so slights. Just cut a quarter of an inch hole to put the screw through and it was good to go.

You can also get rear cameras for the light over the plate if you donā€™t want the plate one.

Hereā€™s the link and Iā€™ll take some pictures tomorrow so you can see what I mean.

Car Backup Camera, 175Ā° Wide Angle HD Easy-Installation 12 LED Night Vision Waterpro... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793LT56R/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_It9jBbTNHVW2Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hereā€™s the link. Itā€™s a really nice camera with the guidelines included. ONLY THING THOUGH.

The bracket for where it mounts isnā€™t long enough and needed to be modified ever so slights. Just cut a quarter of an inch hole to put the screw through and it was good to go.

You can also get rear cameras for the light over the plate if you donā€™t want the plate one.

Hereā€™s the link and Iā€™ll take some pictures tomorrow so you can see what I mean.

Car Backup Camera, 175Ā° Wide Angle HD Easy-Installation 12 LED Night Vision Waterpro... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793LT56R/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_It9jBbTNHVW2Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noice...thanks meng!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who has used the license plate light one? I definitely like the idea of that one.....if you could shoot pics also of the screen when in reverse that would be great also. Also does it work good at night?[wrenchin]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who has used the license plate light one? I definitely like the idea of that one.....if you could shoot pics also of the screen when in reverse that would be great also. Also does it work good at night?[wrenchin]
This one looks nice also even though its got a black escutcheon for the light.....looks like it has a LED also built in to it for the light.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCD-Car-Ba...m=362221677112&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

And another very similar one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-View-...m=142536417995&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This one looks nice also even though its got a black escutcheon for the light.....looks like it has a LED also built in to it for the light.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCD-Car-Ba...m=362221677112&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

And another very similar one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-View-...m=142536417995&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Of course I'll take mine out and mic it also...just for FYI on this matter.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk