Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$250 to enable the reverse camera

I’ll send pictures tomorrow when I get my car back.

The vision is great at night. The camera has leds on it and it illuminates a LARGE amount of the street.

Those other cameras look awesome too. Just make sure it comes with the RCA video cables and a power/ground wire. Minimum wire needed would probably be 20ft. Anything less is cutting it close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ll send pictures tomorrow when I get my car back.

The vision is great at night. The camera has leds on it and it illuminates a LARGE amount of the street.

Those other cameras look awesome too. Just make sure it comes with the RCA video cables and a power/ground wire. Minimum wire needed would probably be 20ft. Anything less is cutting it close.

I agree with the cable length for sure at least 20ft. we will see what I find out....[wrenchin]

redmoe

Here a link to the video of my install. Part numbers are in the description. Hardest part was getting the wires through the hatch without making new holes. I ended up splicing in a longer RCA to run to the front.

https://youtu.be/8TXfi1DxMxE

I finally got mine all wired up. Just need an obdlink and forscan and I'm ready to rock

How much are you into this? Cost wise eglove?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Camera was $20cdn ($15usd) off amazon. I got the pigtail harness for free from [MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION] . The obdlink as soon as I get it ordered is $117cdn ($88usd). I'd rather try and find a local f150 guy or someone that has the obdlink so I could just borrow it rather than purchase it. Then a couple hours of fun pulling wires through the hatch and the car

redmoe

The Forscan adapter can be had for under $20 and the software is free. Making the changes in Forscan is really easy. Depending on the camera you choose (I spent $30 on mine to get a Sony ccd) and the sync adapter method (the factory contacts are only a couple bucks). You could spend less than $50.

redmoe

Here are the I parts used:

Forscan changes: APIM 7D0-01-01: x3xx x1xx xxxx

Forscan cable: VINT-TT55502 ELM327 USB modified For FOSCAN ELMconfig FOCCCUS HS-CAN / MS-CAN

Camera: Navinio Backup Camera for Car, Waterproof Rear-view License Plate Car Rear Backup Parking Camera for Mondeo/Fiesta/Focus HATCHBACK/S-Max/Kuga/ Everest B073DXZH4Z

Female RCA to wire: GaoZhuo Speaker Wire To RCA Female Adapter For High-Level Signal Connection To Amp (Black/Red)

Connector contacts: TE Connectivity 1924955-3

Here are the I parts used:

Forscan changes: APIM 7D0-01-01: x3xx x1xx xxxx

Forscan cable: VINT-TT55502 ELM327 USB modified For FOSCAN ELMconfig FOCCCUS HS-CAN / MS-CAN
Nice, that's even cheaper than the bluetooth obdlink I was looking at. I'll probably just pick that up

How did you back up your as built info? I can't seem to find that info anywhere?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Nice, that's even cheaper than the bluetooth obdlink I was looking at. I'll probably just pick that up

How did you back up your as built info? I can't seem to find that info anywhere?
You back it up on your computer with the ForScan software. You back it up before you modify it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You back it up on your computer with the ForScan software. You back it up before you modify it.

Oh it prompts you? Okay, no worries I'll figure it out. Just never touched forscan yet so I don't know how it works

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Oh it prompts you? Okay, no worries I'll figure it out. Just never touched forscan yet so I don't know how it works
I doesn't prompt you but it is an option to manually do it before making changes. It's fairly self-explanatory once you use the software.

redmoe

There is a save function at the bottom of the APIM editor window. I am going to make a video at some point for the Forscan changes that I made but this guy has a pretty good one on getting started and backing up a file:
https://youtu.be/4Opz1oa2_n0

redmoe

Is your car a sync 2 (2014-2015) or sync 3 (2016+)? If it is a sync 3 you should be able to use the APIM settings I listed in post #108.

Also I would not use a wireless obd2 interface for changing the coding. If the connection drops you may end up with a bricked module.

This is a good but long thread about the rear camera: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...kup-camera-discussion-thread?highlight=Camera

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sorry, my car was in the shop for the past three weeks. Had to get all three motor mounts replaced. Here’s the pictures.

Awesome...now I just need to figure out what camera I want! Looks great !

Awesome...now I just need to figure out what camera I want! Looks great !

Personally would recommend getting the light reverse camera. The one i have is annoying bc it’s large and doesn’t allow for a proper fit without modifying.

Confirmed by Me, have a 2016, enabled in Forscan just like Sync 2, wire it in just like the previous models and it works! Need to order the pins to continue the actual install but I was able to make two work to confirm it does indeed work
so what all did you purchase? -Rear view camera? New Harness? and FORscan?