Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Budget full coilovers from Godspeed

So after a lot of research I finally pull the trigger and bought some Godspeed MONO SS coilovers for my ST. I gotta say first impressions was defiantly a 10/10. There boxed extremely well and assembled 100%. Here's the info on them copied from there site

Spring rates: Front: 5 kg/mm / Rear: 3 kg/mm
16 precise levels of damper adjustment
Koyo Japan 6204z bearing
Polyurethane bushing (if applicable)
Monotube shock design
Anodized shock body
Lightweight aluminum shock body and T7075 forged aluminum / carbon steel brackets
52mm carbon steel shock body with a performance internal piston
Independent ride height and spring preload adjustments
Race shock oil with a high viscosity index
1 Year Warranty from Date of Purchase
SpringFront Rear
Rate (kg/mm)53
Length (mm)200180
I.D. (mm)62 62
Camber Plate NoNo

Now for ride quality, it's pretty impressive. Equal ride quality to any coilovers I've owed IMO, Megan racing, JIC magic, tien ect... now the biggest question is the life span. We'll soon to find out. Going to be doing a few track days this year, also my fist is my daily so let's see how it does as a everyday damper. If anybody on this forum is looking for a great quality with a affordable price, I would defiantly recommend these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tantalizing option. Looks like the drop is pretty big from stock. Would you say it's over 1.2 inch? Were the dampers set to lowest setting in your pictures? Worried about final ride height once settled though i know it will take so e time before that happens. Also, have you had a chance to drive the car yet? Lastly, no camber plate...how did your alignment look? Any chance camber corrections could become a problem when initially aligning after install? Factory spec or do they provide a spec sheet from Godspeed?

Sorry but I am very curious. Really looking forward to a detailed review especially given the 5K/3K spring rates. Many thanks ahead of time!

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #3
Tantalizing option. Looks like the drop is pretty big from stock. Would you say it's over 1.2 inch? Were the dampers set to lowest setting in your pictures? Worried about final ride height once settled though i know it will take so e time before that happens. Also, have you had a chance to drive the car yet? Lastly, no camber plate...how did your alignment look? Any chance camber corrections could become a problem when initially aligning after install? Factory spec or do they provide a spec sheet from Godspeed?

Sorry but I am very curious. Really looking forward to a detailed review especially given the 5K/3K spring rates. Many thanks ahead of time!
Drops around 2" squared, I'm def going to raise the rear a half inch or so little to tucked... rear perch is bottomed out ATM but will change as I did wanna see how the would ride... so far no complaints, no front camber plates on these. I haven't got to align the car yet but will pretty soon. Out of the box there's def no adjustment made towards a factory spec, these come out the box NEEDING to be adjusted to your liking. So far I'm pretty impressed, can't wait to get a min and align it and set the ride height.. so far the spring rates seem to fit this platform well

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #5
I got mine a little cheaper, but anyone could get them for $600-640 shipped

seem OK but other options for just a little more, PSS/ST/BC. I've only known GODSPEED making cheapo stuff, had some sway bars from them before they held up OK. Are these the same manufacturer of the other cheap coils just re-branded? If so seems like a deal compared to the BC or similar.

A7xogg

Ken at godspeed is pretty well known in the 8thgen community. His car using his coilovers competes every year for the fwd supershootout. I saw sceptical at first considering his prices but after buying hs rsb for my civic i was very suprised and happy with the quality. I am leaning toward these coilovers also when the stock dampers go out. Not trying to take anything from other suspension companies but the quality and dampers are really good

The issue is of course that the quality is pretty much the same on the all the cheap coil overs, difference normally only the springs. I'm not saying these are bad but whenyou have options that are only slightly more and give better warranty why not go that way? It's the same argument people in VW scene say when they talk about KSports, Tein streets, racelands.

jah2498

Thanks. You da man. Any idea on the minimum drop? I don't really want to go super low.

Any more details regarding how the alignment turned out, ride quality, pics? I'm dying to know more about them as I am heavily weighing how much I want to shell out on my set up and whether I really am gonna go all out or settle on these Godspeeds.

Not planning on going crazy at track much just daily driving and of course some very aggressive back road work. Plus I need to make business presentation to wife regarding cost vs. benefit lol!

A7xogg

Any more details regarding how the alignment turned out, ride quality, pics? I'm dying to know more about them as I am heavily weighing how much I want to shell out on my set up and whether I really am gonna go all out or settle on these Godspeeds.

Not planning on going crazy at track much just daily driving and of course some very aggressive back road work. Plus I need to make business presentation to wife regarding cost vs. benefit lol!
I have to do the same thing with mine. Thats some funny stuff. Just tell her it will ride better than stock and look better.

I have to do the same thing with mine. Thats some funny stuff. Just tell her it will ride better than stock and look better.
Yea it's a nightmare. I'm really in between these now and the Bilstein B6/8 setup with Swift springs. She doesn't get it and if only she could try a before and after she'd understand where the dineros went to.

I just want as much info as possible regarding these Godspeeds so I can finally pull the trigger. The sooner I do the happier I'll be, the quicker I can get into and out of the dog house, and life goes back to normal again til the next big mod calls.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #18

My alignment went smoothly, and hasn't changed... I wish these coilovers came with camber plates but it seems like the 2 bolt holes that mount to the spindle are a tad larger so on the alignment rack I was able to adjust camber at least to -1 on both sides... my toe was set to zero and no caster adjustment. If your looking for a coilover that's great for daily and some track time I defiantly recommend them...

Great! Thanks for the update. Glad to know there's still a bit of adjustment in case one wants a bit more camber. I was afraid of potentially having to drill the holes a bit and I hate doing that.

Drop a ride quality and difference to stock review when u have a chance. I'd like to hear your thoughts.