Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Budget full coilovers from Godspeed

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I AGREE:)

Looks like BC, at least a few years back they made most everything out of Asia that was not Japanese but I was told they kept the best for themselves but many have had good luck running different lower cost brands, hope you do as well:)

----------
Advice from a long time, 49 years in fact, of modding cars, first lowered car was a 510 back in 1970 or so, I am the older guy into making cars look and work better.

Car looks a bit to low for optimal handling, you want the pivot point of the front ball joints to be slightly lower than the front control arm front inboard pivot point, any lower hugely effects the amount of grip as it will transfer nearly all the weight to the outside tires in a turn making it nearly a two wheeled car instead of 4.

This puts more strain on everything and makes the suspension far less effective as well and will wear out everything faster.

Once the ball pivot points are even the effect is significant, just a tiny bit lower on the inside makes a huge difference, one I have done real time testing of, 2 seconds difference on a 45 second autocross course is huge and the car was far harder to drive fast. The effects would be far worse on a bumpy surface and can be so bad at times become a serious safety issue.

I did not measure the drop on my car, I measured the pivot points then set it accordingly and set the rear slightly higher than the front going by the pinch welds under the rocker panels.

My car looks great that way, still have to be careful with the splitter, rides great, clears things better when junk on the road and handles good enough my buddy in his Nationl Championship C6 vette said he could not gain on me in a technical section of the track, he was blown away at how fast my car was there.

Of course it is your car, do as you wish, I just like to post these things up to help others be aware of things most modding cars do not know about.

Looks like BC, at least a few years back they made most everything out of Asia that was not Japanese but I was told they kept the best for themselves but many have had good luck running different lower cost brands, hope you do as well:)

----------
Advice from a long time, 49 years in fact, of modding cars, first lowered car was a 510 back in 1970 or so, I am the older guy into making cars look and work better.

Car looks a bit to low for optimal handling, you want the pivot point of the front ball joints to be slightly lower than the front control arm front inboard pivot point, any lower hugely effects the amount of grip as it will transfer nearly all the weight to the outside tires in a turn making it nearly a two wheeled car instead of 4.

This puts more strain on everything and makes the suspension far less effective as well and will wear out everything faster.

Once the ball pivot points are even the effect is significant, just a tiny bit lower on the inside makes a huge difference, one I have done real time testing of, 2 seconds difference on a 45 second autocross course is huge and the car was far harder to drive fast. The effects would be far worse on a bumpy surface and can be so bad at times become a serious safety issue.

I did not measure the drop on my car, I measured the pivot points then set it accordingly and set the rear slightly higher than the front going by the pinch welds under the rocker panels.

My car looks great that way, still have to be careful with the splitter, rides great, clears things better when junk on the road and handles good enough my buddy in his Nationl Championship C6 vette said he could not gain on me in a technical section of the track, he was blown away at how fast my car was there.

Of course it is your car, do as you wish, I just like to post these things up to help others be aware of things most modding cars do not know about.
Nuggets...gold nuggets. I just finished reading a huge technical write up regarding this stuff and how wrong guys get it for the sake of vanity. Love posts like these. Really need to convince the wife to let me mod the suspension ASAP

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
When I see and overly lowered car I know I am looking at a severely compromised car and it turns me off immediately no matter how the rest of the car looks. When I see one with crazy camber, skinny tires of wide wheels I just cannot even comprehend following such a silly fad just to get looked at and impress those others that do not think for themselves.

I know my thoughts are not always appreciated by everyone but I will continue to post them because I hope it will sway some that do not know better to think more clearly and make wiser and safer decisions since they are out on our public roads in their compromised cars.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #25

----------

When I see and overly lowered car I know I am looking at a severely compromised car and it turns me off immediately no matter how the rest of the car looks. When I see one with crazy camber, skinny tires of wide wheels I just cannot even comprehend following such a silly fad just to get looked at and impress those others that do not think for themselves.

I know my thoughts are not always appreciated by everyone but I will continue to post them because I hope it will sway some that do not know better to think more clearly and make wiser and safer decisions since they are out on our public roads in their compromised cars.
Thanks for all your knowledge [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] it's much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
You are most welcome:)
The most important thing I have learned about all this is there is always more to learn so I continually look for more info, more experience and I also look at things posted I may not agree with and sometimes learn from that as well.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Is that what's known as putting the roll center " underground" ?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Perfect term, putting the roll center "underground" but sadly it has put many drivers and passengers and sometimes innocent bystanders permanently underground as well. These days of cheap and far more than enough power couple with the ignorance of severely compromised handling has had a terrible toll on many lives and put more pressure on all of us into modding cars, higher insurance costs, more laws against modding, etc...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah id love to hear how many miles are on the current setup and how it is years later! How well they have held up also.....[ridinghorse]

Jerickson88

I used their FMIC on my SR swapped S13 back in the day, it was a good kit. Been eyeballing this kit for a while too

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well I just bought them from a company called redline 360 since they are in the bay area and I should get them this week!
Let me know what you think! I am curious...I have everything to do lowering springs and Konis but these came into play.

Let me know what you think! I am curious...I have everything to do lowering springs and Konis but these came into play.
Once I get them installed I'll post up an initial impressions post here, these will definitely help get me that much closer the focus rs I've been chasing at autocross lol

They have arrived! First thing after work tomorrow they are getting installed. Ill post up some first impressions after. My initial, initial impressions are wow they are quite pink lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk