Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roush Wants My ST----Maybe

Got a letter yesterday from Roush Industries. Ford has contracted with Roush to perform an In-Use Vehicle Emissions Program on 2016 vehicles in the Detroit area. The testing will take 5 to 10 business days and involves both dyno and real world driving. If selected, Roush will pickup/dropoff the vehicle at your home, give you free use of a Fusion, and when your vehicle is returned it will be washed & vacuumed with a full tank of fuel.
Plus $100 cash. They will safeguard and insure the vehicle while in their possession.
I probably wouldn't be selected even if I volunteered (only have 300 miles on her so far) but ain't gonna do it.
Bottom line, they want to use your car for one to two weeks for $100. [thumbdown]
Now if they offered $1,000, or even $500, I MiGHT consider it.
OR, if it was from Roush's Racing Division wanting to tune my car, I'd be sitting on their doorstep Monday morning! [wrenchin]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
...or if they offered you FREE INSTALLED performance parts, and tune, they are testing/developing, all the while KEEPING your factory Ford warranty fully intact, and a loaner... [wink]

codestp202

Got a letter yesterday from Roush Industries. Ford has contracted with Roush to perform an In-Use Vehicle Emissions Program on 2016 vehicles in the Detroit area. The testing will take 5 to 10 business days and involves both dyno and real world driving. If selected, Roush will pickup/dropoff the vehicle at your home, give you free use of a Fusion, and when your vehicle is returned it will be washed & vacuumed with a full tank of fuel.
Plus $100 cash. They will safeguard and insure the vehicle while in their possession.
I probably wouldn't be selected even if I volunteered (only have 300 miles on her so far) but ain't gonna do it.
Bottom line, they want to use your car for one to two weeks for $100. [thumbdown]
OR, if it was from Roush's Racing Division wanting to tune my car, I'd be sitting on their doorstep Monday morning! [wrenchin]
Yeah that sure doesn't give you any incentive to give them your car. It would be hard to hand my keys over unless it ended up very much so in my favor.

Dang, that's not much. They did emission testing last year in Fontana CA. I drove there, didn't even get out of the car. They plugged a tester into the OBD port, and removed it a few minutes later, and I left with a check for $500.

Why would anyone hand over the keys to their car for a hundred bucks?

OP
TomCat
Thread Starter #6
...or if they offered you FREE INSTALLED performance parts, and tune, they are testing/developing, all the while KEEPING your factory Ford warranty fully intact, and a loaner... [wink]
I like the way you think!

OP
TomCat
Thread Starter #7
Dang, that's not much. They did emission testing last year in Fontana CA. I drove there, didn't even get out of the car. They plugged a tester into the OBD port, and removed it a few minutes later, and I left with a check for $500.
CA gets all the love, MUCH better deal!

Like the people said before, sounds like they are just trying to use your car for next to nothing. I would certainly not be giving it to them my car with that offer.

Idk, I would be the odd duck that would do it on the small chance it would come back fully bolted with Roush goodies.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

My wife and I got that letter as well (we both have Fiesta ST's). I sent my postcard in. I think she still has her's at the house.

I need to see if I can get in touch w/the Roush guys I know to see if I can get some dyno numbers from it. :p

I got the same letter. I'm very familiar with the process that is applied to the cars. It's not a component development or high performance sort of thing. Roush isn't trying out any prototype parts. It is a emissions compliance test regimen. I do agree that one hundred bucks does not excite me. If you have winter tires on it, they are not desirable for dyno driving. If you have added a smooth intake tube or added an aftermarket ecu map, that would be a rejectable change. They want stock or very close to stock vehicles.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Are they attempting to get multiple 'baseline' emissions levels on stock cars in order to see how far they can go with some mods they may be planning for these cars, and still be compliant??

I can see no other reason for Roush to be the ones doing this testing, unless they got a lucrative sub-contract from Ford to do this for corporate? [dunno]

^^^Are they attempting to get multiple 'baseline' emissions levels on stock cars in order to see how far they can go with some mods they may be planning for these cars, and still be compliant??

I can see no other reason for Roush to be the ones doing this testing, unless they got a lucrative sub-contract from Ford to do this for corporate? [dunno]
Roush does both certification and compliance. They procure cars based on mileage and other criteria. Test them and then send the data to the EPA.

You participated in what's called an IPT program.

It's an In use Performance Testing program. Basically an OBD functionality inspection. The 500 buck payment he got is far above the normal rate. And No, it's not a great deal. It's just one of the ten thousand reasons everything costs so much more in California.

...and about to get worse, Scotman. They just announced new legislation to raise our gas and car registration taxes again to pay for road and bridge repairs. Because the last tax increases for road and bridge repairs were diverted to pay for something else. And it will happen again this time.

Didn't they already raise the fees and taxes for that in like 2010? What rathole did they piss that revenue down? I was in L.A. last fall. It was pretty rough.

I think we're supposed to get a bullet train to Fresno or something else really useful.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's an In use Performance Testing program. Basically an OBD functionality inspection. The 500 buck payment he got is far above the normal rate. And No, it's not a great deal. It's just one of the ten thousand reasons everything costs so much more in California.
Does Ford, (and other manufacturers as well have to) do this for their WHOLE lineup to comply with the EPA regs, or is it a specific program just for the Ford Performance/ST/RS vehicles??

It's for every manufacturer that certified a vehicle for sale in California. There are some exceptions made for vehicles that fail to meet certain registration quantity's.