Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How in the hell do I use this damn launch control

Hey all. So I've had my Cobb AP for about a year running a 93 Stage 2 tune on it. I have read forums and explanations for how to use the launch control but it just does not work for me. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? My steps are as follows:

1. Ensure the cruise control is completely off.
2. At complete stop, clutch all the way in(In gear)
3. Holding Cruise control on
4. Revs for days. I have read that my LC is supposed to kick in at 4k RPM but it just flies past that and hits the limiter.

Can anyone halp please?

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Hold "Set" button. Here is a section from the Cobb website

Fiesta ST (car must be in performance map slot)
1- Press and hold the clutch all the way in.
2- Put the car in first gear.
3- Press and hold the Cruise Control "SET-" button. (ensure cruise is off)
4- Press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor quickly.
5- You car will now be holding 4,000 RPM
6- Release the clutch and enjoy. ;)
Note: You can release the "SET-" button after you launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceman_Spiff

This is awesome. I didn't think I had this option, but now that I know how to do it, it works!

For me:

1. Clutch in
2. 1st gear
3. Rev

The revs cut at 2500. No special button presses or anything. Why is this?

For me:

1. Clutch in
2. 1st gear
3. Rev

The revs cut at 2500. No special button presses or anything. Why is this?
Who did your tune? I have a Stratified tune with launch control and don't need to activate it with the SET button. I can use the set buttons to scroll through different maps which will set the LC to launch at a different rev, but once that's set it's always ready to go. In five months I've used it once.

Who did your tune? I have a Stratified tune with launch control and don't need to activate it with the SET button. I can use the set buttons to scroll through different maps which will set the LC to launch at a different rev, but once that's set it's always ready to go. In five months I've used it once.
I have Cobb OTS. I never launch, and I happened to find it on accident. Why is it set to 2500 I wonder? I don't even know how to change it.