Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Increasing size of gas pedal?

codestp202

Update:
My solution that you guys may want to use as well.

I purchase a sheet of 16 gauge aluminum from lowes. Cut a 4.25" tall by around 3" wide rectangle, bent it to the curvature of the gas pedal. I purchased 8/32" flat head machine screws, 1 1/2" for the top then 1" for the bottom and locking nuts. I rounded off the edges then removed the original gas pedal cover, it is just 6 small tabs that pop it over. I then drilled 3 holes an inch apart going down the pedal through the aluminum and through the pedal, bolted it all up, and it works amazing! I also painted it black. Looks like it was meant to be there, and with the nice rounded off corners, it looks like a legit pedal.

I can do a write up & take pics if anyone is interested. Heel toe is incredibly easy now.

I already have a pedal spacer to bring in line the brake & gas, however, with the way I like to heel-toe, I want my gas pedal to be slightly wider. I don't want to spend $75 on the other adjuster that will move the pedal over 3/4" since I already have a spacer.

Does anyone have any tricks or inexpensive products that would go over our gas pedal and make it a bit wider? Doesn't have to be pretty, willing to do a DIY with some thin aluminum.

My initial thoughts are to pick up some 1/4" aluminum or steel plate, bend it over the shape of the pedal, then find a way to affix it.

Last edited:
OMP makes tuner pedals. The gas pedal is wider than the factory pc. $39 IIRC

I've also made my own pedal covers for my 66. Not very difficult.

DEss

I already have a pedal spacer to bring in line the brake & gas, however, with the way I like to heel-toe, I want my gas pedal to be slightly wider. I don't want to spend $75 on the other adjuster that will move the pedal over 3/4" since I already have a spacer.

Does anyone have any tricks or inexpensive products that would go over our gas pedal and make it a bit wider? Doesn't have to be pretty, willing to do a DIY with some thin aluminum.

My initial thoughts are to pick up some 1/4" aluminum or steel plate, bend it over the shape of the pedal, then find a way to affix it.
Somebody else on this forum recommended this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...6_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=razo+accelerator

I use it and it seems to work OK.

OP
codestp202

codestp202

Thread Starter #7
OMP makes tuner pedals. The gas pedal is wider than the factory pc. $39 IIRC

I've also made my own pedal covers for my 66. Not very difficult.
I bought a sheet of aluminum today. How did you attach your pedal? Did you make your own & connect it to the throttle arm, or attach it over the original pedal?