Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

There are a total of 5 connections for the camera install with the camera with the intergrated trunk button.

Install the 4d harness inbetween the screen and oem harness
Plug the Video cable into 4d harness
....this is all that is needed in the front of the car.

Now run the video cable alllllllll the way through the car.

Attach the trunk button from the camera to the oem
trunk wiring.
Attach the video cable to the video cable that you ran through the car.
Splice and run the reverse light power to the camera. This way the camera only receives power when the car is put in reverse.

I hope this helps and does not add to any confusion.

Thanks,

On the RCA cable there is a wire sticking out on both ends. This is not needed (monitor trigger cable). The reverse light power gets spliced into the reverse lights harness. Check polarity on the reverse wires before splicing together. Also make sure the camera works before you run the harness all the way through the the car. I hooked up the 4d harness to the screen attached the camera RCA wires and then applied power to the reverse power wires for the camera. Now when putting the car in reverse the screen should show the reverse camera image
That does clear up the red wires coming out of the rca cable. I figured those weren't needed in our application.

Did you need to add additional wiring for the camera power and earth? The power cable that was provided seems to only have about 1.75m.

Thanks again,
DEss

Yeah, I needed to add additional wire from the camera power wires to connect to the reverse power wires.

Last edited:
That does clear up the red wires coming out of the rca cable. I figured those weren't needed in our application.

Did you need to add additional wiring for the camera power and earth? The power cable that was provided seems to only have about 1.75m.

Thanks again,
DEss
For the Red cables coming out of the yellow video, don't worry about it. They aren't needed.

I used additional wiring for the previous camera so I'll just cut and connect it to this new camera when I get around to it.

There are a total of 5 connections for the camera install with the camera with the intergrated trunk button.

Install the 4d harness inbetween the screen and oem harness
Plug the Video cable into 4d harness
....this is all that is needed in the front of the car.

Now run the video cable alllllllll the way through the car.

Attach the trunk button from the camera to the oem
trunk wiring.
Attach the video cable to the video cable that you ran through the car.
Splice and run the reverse light power to the camera. This way the camera only receives power when the car is put in reverse.

I hope this helps and does not add to any confusion.

Thanks,

On the RCA cable there is a wire sticking out on both ends. This is not needed (monitor trigger cable). The reverse light power gets spliced into the reverse lights harness. Check polarity on the reverse wires before splicing together. Also make sure the camera works before you run the harness all the way through the the car. I hooked up the 4d harness to the screen attached the camera RCA wires and then applied power to the reverse power wires for the camera. Now when putting the car in reverse the screen should show the reverse camera image
One thing is that before you said you needed to remove material for it to fit. What did you remove and what did you use? And from where? Thanks!

One thing is that before you said you needed to remove material for it to fit. What did you remove and what did you use? And from where? Thanks!
I used a dremel to slowly grind away material from the trunk handle holder??? (The actual painted piece that bolts to the rear hatch that hold the trunk button and license plate lights) to make the new trunk button/camera fit in the oem location. Take your time, you may be able to trim away some of the plastic on the camera assembly itself, but I did not know how thick the plastic was so I passed on that option.

Got mine installed today. Used a knife to trim it away. You will be able to see what needs trimmed when you go to fit it in, just a little bit on both sides and it popped right in. This is a HUGE step up from the reverse light camera. Picture is much more clear, much more centered and the angle looks much better. Wish I would have known about this from the beginning!

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Got mine installed today. Used a knife to trim it away. You will be able to see what needs trimmed when you go to fit it in, just a little bit on both sides and it popped right in. This is a HUGE step up from the reverse light camera. Picture is much more clear, much more centered and the angle looks much better. Wish I would have known about this from the beginning!
Mine arrived today also. What did you use to trim the extra material?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Maybe I should ask what material need a trimming, metal or plastic? The hatch part of the new handle/camera?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You are going to trim plastic.
I trimmed the whole for the oem trunk handle bigger so that the new camera/handle fit.

How did you install the connections for the trunk release button?