Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #181
The auto dim doesn’t work is the issue. Similar to what folks with sync 3 have complained about.
I figured as much, but I did ask other questions that were not addressed. Am I correct in assuming that you have gone into the display settings to make sure that "Auto Dim" is turned "On"? Are you running the most current version of SYNC 2, which is V3.10? Are you sure you are running SYNC 2? If so, I will need details on what codes you changed in the APIM using ForScan and the method you used to connect the wires. This is not really a quick question type of thing and doing the wrong thing could brick the APIM.

I figured as much, but I did ask other questions that were not addressed. Am I correct in assuming that you have gone into the display settings to make sure that "Auto Dim" is turned "On"? Are you running the most current version of SYNC 2, which is V3.10? Are you sure you are running SYNC 2? If so, I will need details on what codes you changed in the APIM using ForScan and the method you used to connect the wires. This is not really a quick question type of thing and doing the wrong thing could brick the APIM.
Yes auto dim is on. I can also manually dim it and that works. I am running the most recent version of Sync 2 which is v3.10. The codes I changed can be seen in the attached. I simply plugged into pin 14 and 15 on the APIM harness. BUCam_APIM.jpg

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #183
Going by your data on 7D0-01-01:

Block 1: change 2230 to 2330
Block 2: do not change
Block 3: change C050 to C052

Going by your data on 7D0-01-01:

Block 1: change 2230 to 2330
Block 2: do not change
Block 3: change C050 to C052
Thanks ill give it a go. I recall someone saying that is sync 3. Will let everyone knows what happens next.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #186
That code was taken from a 2015 titanium with SYNC 2. Glad it worked.

brbauer2

Just got a working windows laptop and some free time, just need to buy the camera.

'16 backup camera and autodim/switch is working

Stock
APIM 7D0-01-01: 2130 6505 0084

Changed
APIM 7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 C052

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I installed the backup camera that replaced one of the plate lights into my car last week but was unhappy with the angle that the camera sat and the narrow focus of the field of view from the 120* camera. I ended up finding another camera that is combined with the trunk release button and it looks like factory installed. I did have to remove some of the plastic from the trunk handle release button area of the rear hatch, but afterwards, it fit perfectly. Even better it offers a 170* field of view. You WILL have to remove a millimeter or two of material to fit the camera into the fixture, but for me it was worth it.

This is the camera I installed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XQ3QKQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what the finished install looks.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I installed the backup camera that replaced one of the plate lights into my car last week but was unhappy with the angle that the camera sat and the narrow focus of the field of view from the 120* camera. I ended up finding another camera that is combined with the trunk release button and it looks like factory installed. I did have to remove some of the plastic from the trunk handle release button area of the rear hatch, but afterwards, it fit perfectly. Even better it offers a 170* field of view. You WILL have to remove a millimeter or two of material to fit the camera into the fixture, but for me it was worth it.

This is the camera I installed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XQ3QKQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what the finished install looks.

I just ordered one. Thanks for posting the link.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brbauer2

THANK YOU!!! I was trying to find something that would work that was more centered than the plates light location and you've found it!

Going to order one and will try and remember to get detailed install pictures because of the modification needed.

THANK YOU!!! I was trying to find something that would work that was more centered than the plates light location and you've found it!

Going to order one and will try and remember to get detailed install pictures because of the modification needed.

I just put an order for one as well. I have the one for license plate lamp but I want to use my original LED license plate light and have a much more factory look.

If you could let us know how much you needed to remove to get it to fit, that would be very useful. Thanks!

brbauer2

I just put an order for one as well. I have the one for license plate lamp but I want to use my original LED license plate light and have a much more factory look.

If you could let us know how much you needed to remove to get it to fit, that would be very useful. Thanks!
It will be delivered tomorrow, but not sure if I'll be up to working outside in 20° weather pulling trim off. Might have to wait for next weekend and 40° weather.

It will be delivered tomorrow, but not sure if I'll be up to working outside in 20° weather pulling trim off. Might have to wait for next weekend and 40° weather.

I bought the last one, along with the 4Dtech wiring harness. Watching this thread for updates and install notes.

I bought the last one, along with the 4Dtech wiring harness. Watching this thread for updates and install notes.
The 4Dtech wiring harness just pull the plastic cover from the radio, unplug the original one, connect the 4dtech to the stereo, connect the original to the 4dtech, then connect the video cable and run the wire to the back.

I ended up using 3m double sided tape to keep the 4d harness from moving around in the center display area. Also note that the trunk release switch is a contact switch only. There is no positive or negative. Just splice the camera trunck release switch in the the oem harness without worries of polarity. I should have taken pictures during the install.

I ended up using 3m double sided tape to keep the 4d harness from moving around in the center display area. Also note that the trunk release switch is a contact switch only. There is no positive or negative. Just splice the camera trunck release switch in the the oem harness without worries of polarity. I should have taken pictures during the install.
Did you splice it at the harness or near the wire for the old handle?

brbauer2

I'm guessing the stock release is just clipped in and needs to be popped out?

I cut the connector off of the oem trunk handle and the added connectors onto the oem wiring to attach everything together. I always cut the connectors off so that I can reattach and solder everything back together if needed.

[MENTION=6169]awork13[/MENTION] I'm hoping you can clarify a couple of the wires for me. Looking at the pictures on Amazon, the long rca cable has a wire going to the 'monitor trigger cable' and another wire to go to the reverse light power. Are either of these necessary? How did you wire these?

Thanks,
DEss

There are a total of 5 connections for the camera install with the camera with the intergrated trunk button.

Install the 4d harness inbetween the screen and oem harness
Plug the Video cable into 4d harness
....this is all that is needed in the front of the car.

Now run the video cable alllllllll the way through the car.

Attach the trunk button from the camera to the oem
trunk wiring.
Attach the video cable to the video cable that you ran through the car.
Splice and run the reverse light power to the camera. This way the camera only receives power when the car is put in reverse.

I hope this helps and does not add to any confusion.

Thanks,

On the RCA cable there is a wire sticking out on both ends. This is not needed (monitor trigger cable). The reverse light power gets spliced into the reverse lights harness. Check polarity on the reverse wires before splicing together. Also make sure the camera works before you run the harness all the way through the the car. I hooked up the 4d harness to the screen attached the camera RCA wires and then applied power to the reverse power wires for the camera. Now when putting the car in reverse the screen should show the reverse camera image