Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

2015 Sync2. First APIM needed the second digit changed to 'A' to get the camera error.

...Not i wait for the camera...

This thread ruled. Thanks all.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #122
Nice. The coding is the easy part. Good luck with the install.

Officially done.

I started from the back and worked my way forward with the cable Here. The Rca to the Camera - of course and the tinned end fed up front. Think this is the quickest way to do it. all in; about 4 hours.

The hardest part was getting the wires routed to my liking in the hatch as well as using the wiring accordion to get the power and video into the chassis. (driver side one, passenger accordion is washer fluid that is extremely tight to get cabling through.)

I tapped into the reverse light power on the passenger side, bulb side harness.

Also, I used 3M telephone wire splices, as i was using very thing 20-22 AWG cable - to match what the camera manufacture provided. For the amp connectors, I salvaged a set from a old radio harness. Matched oem perfectly.

Auto dim Second Value?

Hey all. Having a camera is awesome... But... Auto dim no longer working is slowly driving me crazy.

With that being said, i have been brainstorming a couple ways to hopefully find an end to the issue...

I pulled the AB's from a 2016 Titanium with the backup camera and a 2016 SE. For some reason i could not get As-Built.exe to pull any APIM information for any 2015 Titanium VIN to compare against my OEM ST AB...

Anyways - 2016 Titanium vs SE show more then just the first field being updated. i couldnt figure out what MFT system the Se Used... but it looked touchscreen. Couldn't locate it on the ford service site either... VIN was 3FADP4EJ0GM148197.

Figure If 7D0-01-01 is backup camera settings, im not sure what the difference may be.... Regardless for that particular APIM, data sets 1 and 2 were both changed...

Vehicle Num, Module Address, Data1, Data2, Data3
SE - 1, 7D0-01-01 APIM (APIM), 2130, 6404, 0092
Titanium - 2, 7D0-01-01 APIM (APIM), 2330, 6505, 0096

Would anyone be willing to try updating the other fields?

And then there is CanOpener... Initial cost on this one is a bit high for the experiment... Apparently people have been reporting that this gets the AV working fine, without the auto-dim issues. I was thinking about reflasing my APIM to OE, and then using the CanOpener. After thats said and done, compare both AB log's and see if any other APIM data was changed...

EDIT

So i was able to make out the majority of AB data for the 2015 Titanium reading it strait off notepad
For APIM 7D0-01-01:
The 2015 Titanium shows 2330 6105 c052
my 2015 OEM ST shows 2130 6105 C050

Is there anyway to determine what the xxxx xxxx xxx2 update could possibly change before writing?

Last edited:
Hey all. Having a camera is awesome... But... Auto dim no longer working is slowly driving me crazy.

With that being said, i have been brainstorming a couple ways to hopefully find an end to the issue...

I pulled the AB's from a 2016 Titanium with the backup camera and a 2016 SE. For some reason i could not get As-Built.exe to pull any APIM information for any 2015 Titanium VIN to compare against my OEM ST AB...

Anyways - 2016 Titanium vs SE show more then just the first field being updated. i couldnt figure out what MFT system the Se Used... but it looked touchscreen. Couldn't locate it on the ford service site either... VIN was 3FADP4EJ0GM148197.

Figure If 7D0-01-01 is backup camera settings, im not sure what the difference may be.... Regardless for that particular APIM, data sets 1 and 2 were both changed...

And then there is CanOpener... Initial cost on this one is a bit high for the experiment... Apparently people have been reporting that this gets the AV working fine, without the auto-dim issues. I was thinking about reflasing my APIM to OE, and then using the CanOpener. After thats said and done, compare both AB log's and see if any other APIM data was changed...

EDIT

So i was able to make out the majority of AB data for the 2015 Titanium reading it strait off notepad
For APIM 7D0-01-01:
my 2015 OEM ST shows 2130 6106 C050

Is there anyway to determine what the xxxx xxxx xxx2 update could possibly change before writing?

I'll test if I get the chance, but it's a busy weekend. =)

Updated my ST's 7D0-01-01 to the Titaniums 2330 6105 c052

No adverse affects... still picked up the camera....AND i think my screened dimmed from the "standard brightness" i have had it set on... but its nighttime. The truth will be if it brightens up tomorrow morning....

***Drives around looking for extremely well lit parking garage...*** lol

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #128
Gonna have to make a sticky post with steps, codes (for all year models), tools and camera options. Having 2 threads on this is confusing a lot of people.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #130
I would try and flip the wires on the #14 and #15 of the harness.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

All is good so stoked to use it now. I did a video it's not the most professional job but I'll get to editing it tomorrow. Someone is going to be super happy at how little it costs to do the mod to bring more joy to their car. I owned the elm connector already so this only cost me $30 and enough hours of me trying to troubleshoot a bad connection or thinking I pulled too hard on the wire while feeding it through the hatch. Thank you guys for making it possible!

2015 Sync 2 - Auto Dim now works!!!

Hey all,

Updated my 7D0-01-01 module exactly to that of the Fiesta titanium of the 2015 model year. it picks up the back up camera perfectly fine still. I verified by covering the light sensor this morning that the auto dim is back to functioning, as i suspected last night when i made the change.

Below is my As-Built data from the titanium, and what was flashed to my ST - that is making it work. Flash your 2015 and report back. By trying this, you are taking on the responsibility of any issues occurring.

7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 c052

I did some playing around with 2016 model year, with sync 3, and am providing the below info. I have no way to test this - but you are more then welcome to try. obviously if anything bad happens, its on you.

It looks like for Sync3 you would need to possibly update only data blocks 2 and 3, and for data block one, they both show "2130"
2016 AB ST - 2130 6506 0094
2016 AB Tit - 2130 6105 C050

Awesome, I'm glad someone took the time to do this. I figured it was something to this effect. I'll give it a go next weekend. I like things working properly.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #135
Just as a response to a comment made in the video. When you cut the end of the RCA cable on the camera the center wire (usually the colored sheathed wire) is what goes into slot #14, this is camera in. The outer wire usually un-sheathed or black sheathed, is the camera return that is used for slot #15.

EDIT

For APIM 7D0-01-01:
my 2015 OEM ST shows 2130 6105 C050

Confirmed that setting:

APIM 7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 C052

Enables backup camera and retains auto-switch to night mode and auto dimming on a MY2016 w/Sync3.

THANK YOU for chasing this one down. not having the auto switch to night mode has been a real pain and it's awesome to have full functionality again. Hooray for the $30 backup cam!

Confirmed that setting:

APIM 7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 C052

Enables backup camera and retains auto-switch to night mode and auto dimming on a MY2016 w/Sync3.

THANK YOU for chasing this one down. not having the auto switch to night mode has been a real pain and it's awesome to have full functionality again. Hooray for the $30 backup cam!
Happy to help the community!

I was at an auto-x today, so i turned off my screen. Going back to grid, i had to back into my spot. The bugger (screen) turned on only while in reverse and shut right back off once in in neutral.

Awesome usability.

For people who have the back up camera that inserts into the license plate lamp, how much of a difference is there in output light from the camera LED?

For people who have the back up camera that inserts into the license plate lamp, how much of a difference is there in output light from the camera LED?
I have some Phillips led bulbs and it matches the hue perfectly; however - it does not output as much light.

My camera here; CCD Color Car Back Rear View Reverse Parking Camera for FORD MONDEO/FIESTA/KUGA/FOCUS (2 carriages)/S-Max/CHIA-X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GQUTD06/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_YLaL7loHUaFTt

License plate lights here; Philips 127916000KB2 Vision LED Car Lamp, 194 LED / T10 White 6000K, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017VORB7M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_XI6SUmgkrwVw3

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
The light from the camera modul
Is for the licence plate not to help see. To help see in the dark I use putco plasma led in the reverse lights. Make a huge difference.