Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

I did some playing around with 2016 model year, with sync 3, and am providing the below info. I have no way to test this - but you are more then welcome to try. obviously if anything bad happens, its on you.

It looks like for Sync3 you would need to possibly update only data blocks 2 and 3, and for data block one, they both show "2130"
2016 AB ST - 2130 6506 0094
2016 AB Tit - 2130 6105 C050
I'd just like to confirm something before giving this a try.
I've ordered a camera but don't know how long it will be but it would be good to confirm the settings first.
I have a 2017 with Sync 3 so I was going to give this a go.
I have a backup of as built for the APIM
I wanted to confirm these are changed at the same Module address:- 7D0-01-01?

Many thanks

Dazzle

I'd just like to confirm something before giving this a try.
I've ordered a camera but don't know how long it will be but it would be good to confirm the settings first.
I have a 2017 with Sync 3 so I was going to give this a go.
I have a backup of as built for the APIM
I wanted to confirm these are changed at the same Module address:- 7D0-01-01?

Many thanks

Dazzle
Correct. And as per LedRobster:

Confirmed that setting:

APIM 7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 C052

Enables backup camera and retains auto-switch to night mode and auto dimming on a MY2016 w/Sync3.

Hey all,

Updated my 7D0-01-01 module exactly to that of the Fiesta titanium of the 2015 model year. it picks up the back up camera perfectly fine still. I verified by covering the light sensor this morning that the auto dim is back to functioning, as i suspected last night when i made the change.

Below is my As-Built data from the titanium, and what was flashed to my ST - that is making it work. Flash your 2015 and report back. By trying this, you are taking on the responsibility of any issues occurring.

7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 c052

I did some playing around with 2016 model year, with sync 3, and am providing the below info. I have no way to test this - but you are more then welcome to try. obviously if anything bad happens, its on you.

It looks like for Sync3 you would need to possibly update only data blocks 2 and 3, and for data block one, they both show "2130"
2016 AB ST - 2130 6506 0094
2016 AB Tit - 2130 6105 C050
I'm sorry, it seems I may have been mistaken. I was referring to your post quoted above that talked about a 2016 MY with sync 3.
I must have missed LedLobster saying his was a 2016 w/sync 3, sorry.

Confirmed that setting:

APIM 7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 C052

Enables backup camera and retains auto-switch to night mode and auto dimming on a MY2016 w/Sync3.

THANK YOU for chasing this one down. not having the auto switch to night mode has been a real pain and it's awesome to have full functionality again. Hooray for the $30 backup cam!
It does however bring up the question reference LedLobster using 2330 in his first block and you was quoting 2130. As we know changing these blocks can potentially do a lot or maybe nothing but I thought I should ask [dunno]

Hello friends, this is my first post and I want to congratulate you for the excellent achievement.
I have a ford fiesta titanium 2017, mechanical, which does not bring gps.
I am in Colombia and I want to carry out the procedure, will it work for my car?
Thank you!

XanRules

Forgive me, I'm not sure I entirely understand from skimming this thread - what makes this camera special compared to other aftermarket backup cameras, and why is it so good that folks are willing to brick their head units for it?

EDIT: oooohhh, FORScan is the software you're using to enable an aftermarket backup camera to work with the ST's stock system?

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #149
Forgive me, I'm not sure I entirely understand from skimming this thread - what makes this camera special compared to other aftermarket backup cameras, and why is it so good that folks are willing to brick their head units for it?

EDIT: oooohhh, FORScan is the software you're using to enable an aftermarket backup camera to work with the ST's stock system?
There is nothing special about the camera. You are enabling the rear camera feature that already exists on SYNC to recognize a camera. What makes it special is you are using the stock screen rather than adding an additional screen to a rear view mirror with a video screen built-in, a phone, or even a stand alone screen.

XanRules

There is nothing special about the camera. You are enabling the rear camera feature that already exists on SYNC to recognize a camera. What makes it special is you are using the stock screen rather than adding an additional screen to a rear view mirror with a video screen built-in, a phone, or even a stand alone screen.
Gotcha. And FORScan is the software one purchases and uses to do that, yes? It looks a little more complicated than I'm used to, what with modifying lines of code and all.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #151
Gotcha. And FORScan is the software one purchases and uses to do that, yes? It looks a little more complicated than I'm used to, what with modifying lines of code and all.
FORscan is free. The only thing needed is an OBD-II dongle that can read MS-CAN, which can be had for about $25. It is pretty straight forward to make changes if you follow the steps.

XanRules

FORscan is free. The only thing needed is an OBD-II dongle that can read MS-CAN, which can be had for about $25. It is pretty straight forward to make changes if you follow the steps.
Got it. Okay, I'm getting the impression that this thread was spun off from another one and that's why so much of this is going over my head, am I correct? Ha!

Kellin17

I kinda figured but what was throwing me off was I bought this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Backup-Car...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I was trying to figure out how the built in LED is wired to turn on with the other license plate LED.

By splicing wouldn't the led only turn on when it is put into reverse or is the reverse only to tell the camera to turn on.

correct - power will only go to the camera/LED when you put the car in reverse.

I kinda figured but what was throwing me off was I bought this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Backup-Car...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I was trying to figure out how the built in LED is wired to turn on with the other license plate LED.

By splicing wouldn't the led only turn on when it is put into reverse or is the reverse only to tell the camera to turn on.

Kellin17

Yes the led and camera both have independent power wires that allow you to wire however you’d like.
So you powered the led by tapping into the existing socket for the license plate bulb and you powered the camera through the reverse?