Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

i bought two of them from Aliexpress direct from China and ended up using the one just like this. it's sealed better. my only complaint is that the tab is bigger than gap in the hole if that makes any sense. I had to open it up a little to make it fit.

I used something like this one. Quality is good and matches the screen resolution well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCD-Car-Rev...ocus-Mondeo-/121964448810?hash=item1c65a5cc2a

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=4960]eglove[/MENTION] and others. Here is the condensed how to from those that have tried and written it:

Once you pull the harness from the sync head unit and you look at the pin holes you will see that they are numbered on the outer sheath on each end of the rowes. 3 roles of 18 pins
Starting left to right
Top 1-18
Middle 19- 36
Bottom 37-54.

#14 Is rear camera signal in
#15 is rear camera signal return.

------

Via froscan, go to the AIPM the first line 7D0-01-01 has 3 boxes of alpha numeric code XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. I am sure these will be different depending on the different options and such each car has, but the second number because we do not have reverse cameras should be "1" so it should look like X1XX-XXXX-XXXX. carguy said he had success changing his to "A". He said that some have had success with "B" as well. Neither of these worked for me. I found a focus st thread where he changed his to 3 and got his to work. What I have read is that "1" disables, "2" enables just the camera and "3" enables camera along with obstacle detection. I don't have obstacle detection so I put "2" in. Now when I put my car in reverse it will say that no camera is detected and to contact the dealership.

7D0-01-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx Reverse camera (8" screen only): 0=disabled, 2=enabled, A=enabled with obstacle detection (this should be the only change required try 2 if it does not work try A)
7D0-02-01 xxxx xxx* xxxx Vehicle Style in camera views: 1=sedan, 2=coupe/convertible, 3=truck, 4=SUV/CUV, 5=van, 6=hatchback

If you are enabling this without the camera connected it does take a few very long seconds for the system to detect the missing camera.

Also note that for whatever reason this method disables the brightness adjustment and auto switch to night mode on the LCD screen.

brbauer2

Also note that for whatever reason this method disables the brightness adjustment and auto switch to night mode on the LCD screen.
I wonder if there is a second value to change that resolves this. So much can be done with FORScan on other vehicles, we just don't have the knowledge base on the Fiesta.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

^agreed. It's the only thing that annoys me and tbh, it didn't until I just drove across the country yesterday and today.

I wonder if someone pulled the apim values from a titanium with a back up camera and compared them, we may be able to find the difference.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #111
Not sure if it's the difference between sync 2 and 3 systens, but I can adjust brightness levels and still have auto, day, and night settings that still work on my 15' with sync 2

would it be possible to get screen shots of what FORscan looks like when chaging the values to enable the back up camera?

Are the parking guide lines camera dependent or will they show based on our factory screen?
Camera, if you view the output of the camera it will have it no matter what you plug it into. Part of the way I tested was using the camera on an older monitor with composite in, and part of the way I tested the changes on the ST was using the composite output of an Xbox 360

reread a couple times, but either missed it or hasn't been brought up. still waiting for my ELM cable to show up, but in the meantime, do you have to select what CAN on the switch? to get the APIM is is MS or HS?

Also, grabbed my "As Built" data from motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
First APIM, '7D0-01-01', shows 2130 6105 C050
I need to updated first block to 2230 6105 C050
If that dosen't work, possibly change it to 2330 6105 C050

Am i on the right track?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
reread a couple times, but either missed it or hasn't been brought up. still waiting for my ELM cable to show up, but in the meantime, do you have to select what CAN on the switch? to get the APIM is is MS or HS?

Also, grabbed my "As Built" data from motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
First APIM, '7D0-01-01', shows 2130 6105 C050
I need to updated first block to 2230 6105 C050
If that dosen't work, possibly change it to 2330 6105 C050

Am i on the right track?
Don't over think it. The software will tell you what position the switch needs to be.

fair enough. hearing a couple of people brick there cars, makes it kinda hard to not do lol.

Also, for people looking at cabling options - this maybe the most strait foward:

Since a a lot of the cameras have a female RCA output, you can use one of these and add the pins for the harness connector, on the end of it - after routing it up to the monitor and through the plug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00123327C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1DAVWUAC8VKU5&psc=1

Another option, if you want to insert the pins from the front of the connector, to keep them from falling out, use one of these after pushing the pins through with a small portion of cabling on the end of it.
Just use a male to male rca patch cable from it to the camera.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ST2KHL8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A15SWSXNAYIVZ9&psc=1

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
fair enough. hearing a couple of people brick there cars, makes it kinda hard to not do lol.

Also, for people looking at cabling options - this maybe the most strait foward:

Since a a lot of the cameras have a female RCA output, you can use one of these and add the pins for the harness connector, on the end of it - after routing it up to the monitor and through the plug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00123327C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1DAVWUAC8VKU5&psc=1

Another option, if you want to insert the pins from the front of the connector, to keep them from falling out, use one of these after pushing the pins through with a small portion of cabling on the end of it.
Just use a male to male rca patch cable from it to the camera.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ST2KHL8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A15SWSXNAYIVZ9&psc=1
Do back ups, do screen shots and only make the change to that section. Have a good battery (car running is fine). you will not have any issues.

As for the connector eitehr will work BUT fishing the RCA plug in the dash and want not would be a real pain. Easier to cut and re splice.