Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #162
Got it. Okay, I'm getting the impression that this thread was spun off from another one and that's why so much of this is going over my head, am I correct? Ha!
It is sort of a spin off but pretty much everything can be found on this thread.

XanRules

Silly question - those of you using the LED-Equipped cameras that pop into the license plate light, how do the little included LED lights look? I think having asymmetrical lighting on my license plate would bother me because I'm just that kinda guy. Ha!

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #165
I had replaced the other light with another LED before I got the camera. There is no difference if they are both LED.

XanRules

I had replaced the other light with another LED before I got the camera. There is no difference if they are both LED.
Cool, I know there's a pretty significant variation in brightness/color temperature across LED manufacturers but I will defer to you and scoop one of these bad boys up when I have a weekend to tear the interior up!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Cool, I know there's a pretty significant variation in brightness/color temperature across LED manufacturers but I will defer to you and scoop one of these bad boys up when I have a weekend to tear the interior up!
Led on the other side and I see nothing different in terms of one brighter than the ohter. The camera I have has 6 leds for the plate.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Just PM me your mailing details. If you already did (not in the last 48 hours) I may have missed one or two so do it again.

View attachment 15095
I have another batch of wires come in to full fill the last few request. Thus if anyone wants any let me know. I just place a stamp on the envelope and mail it. No guarantees but no cost neither.

I have another batch of wires come in to full fill the last few request. Thus if anyone wants any let me know. I just place a stamp on the envelope and mail it. No guarantees but no cost neither.
Hey Canadian guy, can you hook up another Canadian guy? (well, I live in Canada anyway [biggrin])

All- New to the Fist world and forum here. Just wanted to say this is a great post. I'm so proud to be part of the family. I'm a huge car enthusiast and cant wait to offer up some additional contributions to the members of the forum while absorbing everyone else's.

Did have a couple of questions on this. I realize there are some additional questions which I think I know the answer to, but I'm just surprised that ford didn't run the wires slight back through the harness. For example I read back through the wiring schematics.

1)Wire goes from apim through connector c2383 which is the pins 14 and 15 you guys are tapping in
2)harness 14k024 then goes to through the a-pillar connecting to c212 to harness 14A005
3)That connects to a final harness via the headliner to 14b562 via connector c4357
4) connects to cam in stock application

What I'm curious about, I know the last harness 14b562 is not in the car and that the wires are not pulled in the APIM as you guys outlined. Wondering if anyone has ever taken a look at any of the other harnesses and connects between to see if they exist and if the wires live there. Only asking because all though additional work, I'm a bit OCD with wires and would love to tap into the factory connectors and or/consider buying the other harnesses if its not outrageous amounts of coin.

CanadianGuy what size are those connect pins?

Take care
-R

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
All- New to the Fist world and forum here. Just wanted to say this is a great post. I'm so proud to be part of the family. I'm a huge car enthusiast and cant wait to offer up some additional contributions to the members of the forum while absorbing everyone else's.

Did have a couple of questions on this. I realize there are some additional questions which I think I know the answer to, but I'm just surprised that ford didn't run the wires slight back through the harness. For example I read back through the wiring schematics.

1)Wire goes from apim through connector c2383 which is the pins 14 and 15 you guys are tapping in
2)harness 14k024 then goes to through the a-pillar connecting to c212 to harness 14A005
3)That connects to a final harness via the headliner to 14b562 via connector c4357
4) connects to cam in stock application

What I'm curious about, I know the last harness 14b562 is not in the car and that the wires are not pulled in the APIM as you guys outlined. Wondering if anyone has ever taken a look at any of the other harnesses and connects between to see if they exist and if the wires live there. Only asking because all though additional work, I'm a bit OCD with wires and would love to tap into the factory connectors and or/consider buying the other harnesses if its not outrageous amounts of coin.

CanadianGuy what size are those connect pins?

Take care
-R
The size are for gauge 24-26 wires. I found the exact match to the stock. I can mail them. I got a few to send out before xmas. IF you want a prefab harness check these out for $60. https://www.4dtech.com/ford-camera-input-harness-for-sync-2-3-8-screen/

Thanks for the link Canadianguy. Those harnesses are pretty nice. Looks like with this solution one would still pull back the RCA connection all the way to the rear. Their modules are pretty cool to where you can fab up multiple cameras. Also their canopener is cool, but wow that is pretty pricey when we can use forscan pretty simply.

Ill shoot you a pm.

Alright just doing some light reading but unclear on what I'm wiring pin 14 & 15 to exactly? Looking at diagrams Pin 14 is rear video + and Pin 15 is rear video which I presume yellow going to Pin 14, black to Pin 15 . The end of my audio rca audio cable has a red reverse cable.. where is that going to?

Great Writeup, I am going to attempt this except with the 2.4 Ghz RCA wireless transmitter to hopefully reduce wire running.

All quick question. I have an auto dim issue on what I thought is sync 2 in my 14. Do I switch the 14 and 15 pin or do I try the settings like sync 3? Puzzled. Didn’t see anyone reporting this problem on sync 2. Everything else works perfect.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #179
What exactly is the issue? If you are getting a feed from the camera, switching the wires wont do anything but give you a black screen. If you used one of those harnesses it is possible that did something.

What exactly is the issue? If you are getting a feed from the camera, switching the wires wont do anything but give you a black screen. If you used one of those harnesses it is possible that did something.
The auto dim doesn’t work is the issue. Similar to what folks with sync 3 have complained about.