Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Turboback Exhaust Has A Water Leak?

Spaceman_Spiff

I installed the Mountune downpipe and catback combo over the last week. Once I got it all back together and started it up, water was dripping out from the downpipe to catback connection (where the gasket is). I shut it off, let it cool, and tightened as much as I could, but it still has water dripping from it when the car is warming up. Should I be concerned with this? I can't hear any exhaust leak, just the water drips.

If water is getting through so is air. You may not hear it now but it may get worse. Water over time will rust and may lead to a larger leak in the future. I'd replace the gasket or add some high temperature sealant between the two.

OP
Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff

Thread Starter #3
I only used hand tools to put it on. Should I crank it down with an impact? This is my first experience with a gasket on the exhaust. Maybe it's mis-aligned or something somehow. I do have an extra gasket I can try.