Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The 2017 Ford Fiesta ST at 2017 Geneva Motor Show

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH5b8lIb48A

[video=youtube;WH5b8lIb48A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH5b8lIb48A[/video]

KTEc6EW.jpg

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...debuts-as-ford-showcases-hot-selling-for.html

[h=4]06-Mar-2017 | GENEVA[/h][h=1]Next-Gen Ford Fiesta ST Debuts as Ford Showcases Hot-Selling Ford Performance Line-up and Heritage in Geneva[/h]
  • Next generation Ford Fiesta ST ? featuring all-new 200 PS, three-cylinder 1.5-litre EcoBoost engine ? makes global debut as Ford showcases Ford Performance line-up in Geneva
  • Ford GT ?66 Heritage Edition supercar livery on show for the first time in Europe. Ford GT race car set for return to Le Mans 24 Hours in 2017 following historic victory in 2016
  • Ford performance car sales including Ford Mustang, Focus RS, Focus ST and Fiesta ST grew 60 per cent in 2016. New Mustang Black Shadow Edition and Blue Edition on sale now
  • Ford celebrates connection between motorsports and accessible performance heritage in Geneva with iconic vehicles including 1966 Le Mans-winning Ford GT40

GENEVA, March 6, 2017
? Ford today delivered the global public debut of the next generation Ford Fiesta ST amid the most exciting and comprehensive line-up of Ford Performance models ever, at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show.

Introducing an all-new 200 PS, three-cylinder 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol engine that will deliver an unprecedented combination of power and fuel efficiency, the next generation Fiesta ST is developed using the same Ford Performance innovation mindset that delivered the Ford GT ultra-high-performance supercar, on show in Ford GT ?66 Heritage Edition livery for the first time in Europe at the Geneva Motor Show.

Ford?s performance car offering in Europe also includes the Focus ST petrol and diesel models, the acclaimed Focus RS, and the iconic Ford Mustang. Ford performance car sales grew a further 14 per cent year-on-year in January, after recording a 60 per cent increase in 2016 ? continuing the momentum from 2015 when performance car sales were up 62 per cent.

?Accessible performance is at the heart of what we do at Ford,? said Jim Farley, chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe. ?From the active aerodynamics of the Ford GT supercar to the Drive Modes of our next generation Fiesta ST, our Ford Performance models are developed using innovation that brings the driving thrill of our race cars to customers on the road.?

Ford Performance serves as an innovation laboratory and test-bed to create unique performance vehicles, parts, accessories and experiences for customers. This includes developing innovations and technologies in aerodynamics, light-weighting, electronics, powertrain performance and fuel efficiency that can be applied more broadly to Ford products.

Next generation Fiesta ST
The third generation of Fiesta ST will be the first Ford Performance model ever powered by a three-cylinder engine and the first Fiesta ST to feature selectable Drive Modes.

Ford?s all-new 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol engine will deliver 200 PS, 290 Nm of torque and anticipated 0-100 km/h (0?62 mph) acceleration in 6.7 seconds, using innovations including a new combination of port fuel injection and direct fuel injection, sophisticated turbocharging, and innovative new cylinder deactivation technology to deliver high power and responsiveness alongside reduced CO2 emissions.*

New Drive Modes will enable engine, steering and stability controls to be configured to Normal, Sport and Track settings for an optimised fun-to-drive experience, and will also adjust the model?s Electronic Sound Enhancement technology and active exhaust noise control valve to deliver an even more satisfying driving experience by amplifying the naturally sporty sound of the three-cylinder engine.

?Our next generation Fiesta ST is true to the philosophy of delivering cutting-edge technology to enhance every facet of the responsive Ford Performance chassis and powertrain,? said Joe Bakaj, vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe. ?With selectable Drive Modes and an all-new EcoBoost engine delivering an unprecedented combination of performance and fuel-efficiency, the new model will deliver the most versatile fun, engaging and rewarding Fiesta ST driving experience yet.?

The next generation Fiesta ST also will be offered with a greater variety of interior trim and personalisation options than ever before, and will be available in both three-door and five-door bodystyles from launch in early 2018.

It's very bland on the exterior, it's the interior that I would like to have. Regardless, I'm glad I didn't wait to purchase.

antarctica24

Some things are better left alone. The front end looks ok, the grill not so much. The headlights finally. The rest of the car looks really bland and does not have the personality of the 2014-2016. Also, this 3 cylinder thing. I am not sure why engineers like to throw turbos at everything. A turbo by itself is not enough. You have to have motor behind it. It is the motor that makes it function. Yes yes yes you can redesign the turbo to work with the smaller exhaust, but its just not the same in my opinion. And the combn port injection with direct injection, that alt to make tuning fun. I'm glad I got my 2014.