Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Options for Shifter Extension?

In quick browsing, I only see that [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] has a Fiesta specific part. It also looks really well put together. On their site it is listed as not in stock and looks to have been that way for a while; similar to their symposer delete. http://deadhookmotorsports.com/DHM-Fiesta-and-Focus-ST-Shifter-Extension

Does anyone make something similar to DHMs part (or DHM, can you make some more of these)? My issue is not reach, but I want my shifter higher to reduce steering wheel to shifter movement (thinking 2-4". I have a Boomba knob that I absolutely love so keeping that compatibility is a must. Additionally, since this is a "naked" part that is highly visible, it has to look good.

I waited for months last year for DHM to make one. Even had emails going back and forth - but nothing came of it. I finally found one used. That's honestly your best bet

In quick browsing, I only see that [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] has a Fiesta specific part. It also looks really well put together. On their site it is listed as not in stock and looks to have been that way for a while; similar to their symposer delete. http://deadhookmotorsports.com/DHM-Fiesta-and-Focus-ST-Shifter-Extension

Does anyone make something similar to DHMs part (or DHM, can you make some more of these)? My issue is not reach, but I want my shifter higher to reduce steering wheel to shifter movement (thinking 2-4". I have a Boomba knob that I absolutely love so keeping that compatibility is a must. Additionally, since this is a "naked" part that is highly visible, it has to look good.
I was looking at buying the reverse lockout adapter from CJ Pony Parts then getting any shifter extension. Just a thought I had but have yet to do, if I do this soon I'll be sure to post pics.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5

DangerMouse

I have a vms eBay reverse lockout adapter with a twm extension. The height is perfect, only problem is its kind of ugly and doesn't stay tight. I have been meaning to email wc lathe werks about a custom extension. Would be nice to have a one piece extension that fits over the lockout but only tapers slightly enough that the knob fits over it.

Here is my setup currently.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
Check out likewise i think they make one that would fit our cars

That site brought me back to college and sex shows in Amsterdam. But If I never need a weed grinder/shiftknob/dildo combo, I found the place. [drummer]

I had the same combo for a while. While the shift position is nicer, it makes the throws MUCH longer, so you'll want to pair it with a short shift kit (like the FSWERKS bracket) if that will bother you. Also, it loosens on its own a lot, or it did for me. I think it's because I had the bend aiming toward me, so every time I pulled it was torquing the arm in the loosening direction. Just something to be aware of.

Yeah, 6" is a really big extension.

I am guessing you lose the reverse lockout with these extensions?

You could just find a tall knob that fits. I have a 9k racing GT1 knob thats about 6 inches total length, so maybe 4 more than stock once installed. It took a little bit of modification to the lock out collar but it fits just right.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

OP
D
Thread Starter #13
You could just find a tall knob that fits. I have a 9k racing GT1 knob thats about 6 inches total length, so maybe 4 more than stock once installed. It took a little bit of modification to the lock out collar but it fits just right.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge
Do I spy a Deadpool Lego dude?