Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Going to look at a used '16 FiST with 21k on the ODO

I posted on here a while back about how I was considering trading in my 2017 WRX on a new FiST, and after thinking about taking two significant depreciation hits back to back, I decided against it.

Well I still can't get the FiST out of my head, and I've been looking at Autotrader, Craigslist, and this forum weekly to see if anything used pops up. A 2016 that checks pretty much all of the boxes (Kona Blue, Recaro seats, Sync3, etc.) popped up very close to me. I am planning to go check out the car tomorrow night, but I have one big concern, which is the cars mileage.

The car is a 2016, the CarFax provided by the dealer says it was owned for 11 months, and it has 21k miles on it. So my question is, should I be concerned with a car that was on track to do 22k in the first year of ownership?

I posted on here a while back about how I was considering trading in my 2017 WRX on a new FiST, and after thinking about taking two significant depreciation hits back to back, I decided against it.

Well I still can't get the FiST out of my head, and I've been looking at Autotrader, Craigslist, and this forum weekly to see if anything used pops up. A 2016 that checks pretty much all of the boxes (Kona Blue, Recaro seats, Sync3, etc.) popped up very close to me. I am planning to go check out the car tomorrow night, but I have one big concern, which is the cars mileage.

The car is a 2016, the CarFax provided by the dealer says it was owned for 11 months, and it has 21k miles on it. So my question is, should I be concerned with a car that was on track to do 22k in the first year of ownership?
I wouldn't be concerned with that mileage at all unless he was putting it on the track or tuning it. These cars are pretty resilient. Mine is modded and tuned to about 250whp and I fully expect to get 80k miles out of it lol.

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
I wouldn't be concerned with that mileage at all unless he was putting it on the track or tuning it. These cars are pretty resilient. Mine is modded and tuned to about 250whp and I fully expect to get 80k miles out of it lol.
Thanks for you feedback! Went to look at the car over the weekend, and it had an aftermarket exhaust and blow off valve. The salesman told me the car came in with an aftermarket intake as well, and that the car had been tuned prior to it being traded in.

All of this led me to believe the car was most likely driven hard for those 22k miles, and I have no idea how well it was cared for/maintained. So I passed on picking it up, and will continue to wait for lower mileage, un-modified car to show up near me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good decision. When purchasing a used car, especially a performance car I will not even look at it if it's at a dealer. No way to know how it was treated.