Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Civic Type R

A2FiST

Trading in my 2016 FiST for this new CTR.

It will be faster on most tracks and from a Roll than all its competitors unless modded. Possibly the Golf R with DSG will be faster due to lightning fast shifts.

Like the other guy said before the FK2 type R was faster than most of its competition already. The FK8 CTR should pull further away. This is good it will force Subaru, Ford, and VW to make a better next gen product.

I plan to lease another Fist when the 2018 comes out hopefully in 3 door ( I will cross my fingers).

This will help keep the miles down on the Type R.

Cheers

Trading in my 2016 FiST for this new CTR.

It will be faster on most tracks and from a Roll than all its competitors unless modded. Possibly the Golf R with DSG will be faster due to lightning fast shifts.

Like the other guy said before the FK2 type R was faster than most of its competition already. The FK8 CTR should pull further away. This is good it will force Subaru, Ford, and VW to make a better next gen product.

I plan to lease another Fist when the 2018 comes out hopefully in 3 door ( I will cross my fingers).

This will help keep the miles down on the Type R.

Cheers
I don't get this mentality. I didn't cross shop $35k cars when I went looking for a $17k FiST and I'm sure not going to trade it in on a $35k car. It's a cool car for sure but I just don't get the thought process.

Comparisons of cars that are 5 to 8 grand apart in price is pointless.

Track performance is not the same as accelerating onto the freeway. The Civic R is a niche model. Just as the golf R, Shelby GT350 (in any version), or the Camaro Z28, Subaru WRX STI. Nobody has mentioned the cost of maintenance and insurance on these cars. AWD cars are not cheap to own. Big V8 cars demand big quantity's of fuel. The Civic R is without a doubt the closest thing to an "ego trip "on the part of Honda engineering that anyone will ever see. Certain rules exist within Honda that demand no, or very little sacrifice of fuel economy and cost of ownership in the creation of new models. Honda reputation for quality and durability is hugely important to them. It's almost like a religion. So, I will forgive them on the body styling issues. At that price, with Honda reliability, I would not disregard it.

TheStig

I don't get this mentality. I didn't cross shop $35k cars when I went looking for a $17k FiST and I'm sure not going to trade it in on a $35k car. It's a cool car for sure but I just don't get the thought process.
Do show me the brand new $17,000 Fiesta ST's you have found. Id love to know where to buy them.

One is a daily driver that is quick and fun for $20,000, the other is a RARE car that is designed for the track but tame enough for the road. 200hp vs 300hp. Type R has a nearly full under tray for aerodynamics and down force, it has reliefs behind the front fenders for air to escape.

Maybe you've never owned a Honda, I've owned several. If it weren't for them "losing" their heart for the last 6 or so years, I would be in a new Honda now not the Fiesta (which is not a knock on it in any way).

Take it with a grain of salt as I love anything with an H badge, but this car is a absolute monster.

Do show me the brand new $17,000 Fiesta ST's you have found. Id love to know where to buy them.

One is a daily driver that is quick and fun for $20,000, the other is a RARE car that is designed for the track but tame enough for the road. 200hp vs 300hp. Type R has a nearly full under tray for aerodynamics and down force, it has reliefs behind the front fenders for air to escape.

Maybe you've never owned a Honda, I've owned several. If it weren't for them "losing" their heart for the last 6 or so years, I would be in a new Honda now not the Fiesta (which is not a knock on it in any way).

Take it with a grain of salt as I love anything with an H badge, but this car is a absolute monster.

Yawn.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...archRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FIESTA

Gotta have those air reliefs behind the front fenders. LMAO

I saw it in person at autocon LA I like the front of the car but I just cannot get myself to like the rear it just looks like they slapped a whole bunch of stuff on the back hoping to look cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree that the bumpers are overdone. I would fix the front bumper by using the apertures as locations for some large driving lights. The rear bumper would need those black plastic thingys plugged, finished and painted body color. Then it would not look much busier than the Focus RS.

I agree that the rear end looks weird, kinda wish the made a coupe version, but its growing on me. Still cant get over it only weighing around 2800lbs!

Honda Is obsessive about vehicle mass. They have learned a few tricks from the hybrid programs.

A7xogg

me personaly, i have been waiting for this car for awhile. I may be biased because i tracked the crap outta my 8thgen si and it held up to 100+ track days with 143k on the clock and game me very small issues. The whole fwd is wrong wheel drive hasent driven a properly set up fwd car. yeah 1st gear wil never bee like a awd launch But are you launching at every chance you get? Your getting a car with vvt, vtec, and boost with a pretty big sized stock turbo only on 10 psi, yeah its gonna be a track/highway monster

Yup. I have been impressed with the Civic for some time. My friend and I raced in SCCA showroom stock C in the late 90s and early 2ks. They were pretty good. The mechanical LS differential gave them a huge advantage out of corners. The Fiesta ST should have had one.

TheStig

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, to each their own, and even if I had 20x the asking price of this much anticipated 'wonder' to spend on something, it would NEVER be THIS car. ;)

For this kind of coin, I'd still rather have a low(er) mile, setup/prepped, C6 Z06 for track day fun use, since I am still one of those (very much hated by the import/Honda worshipping, JDM YO!, FWD crew) naturally aspirated, big power, RWD fans. LOL [driving]

I WILL give the credit due to the Honda engineers though for the; thought, function, and weight reduction efforts (IF NOT the style points) they put into this car. [wink]

Gross base model. The Type R will be basically loaded when you get it.

And I'm sorry little aero features don't excite you, I like when manufacturers go further than they need to.

Who am I though. If you don't like it don't buy it, simple as that.
Gross bases model? They're all pretty much base models, some just have overpriced seats.

The SI will be available as a coupe or sedan. Most people want the hottest version to be a hatchback, it's more practical and easier to fit a roll cage into!

TheStig

Seats, navigation, sunroof. Couple of things, albeit not far from the base model. I like to have as much as I can for options and features.

The new Civic is a huge step up, compared to the previous one...

It weighs less. Has more H.P.and torque, as good or better fuel economy than comparable previous versions, no more bi level instrument cluster, the addition of several hatchback choices. The only negatives being the hatchback styling and shock of how big it is (physical outside dimensions) compared to the previous generation and even to focus. It's wide. I have not looked up the specs yet, but I think it's as big as an 83 Accord!