Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Civic Type R

No, no interest at all.

LOL J/P [tongue] The only thing I don't like (besides the styling) is the expected price. This car would be a great deal to keep it under 35k loaded, but from the looks of it, it may start around there. I'm a huge lover of great all around drivers cars that are fun and playful. The problem is everyone is on the AWD bandwagon in that price range and it's still a little silly unless your a Honda fanboy to choose this over the RS if their within a few K of each other.

I believe there is a market gap (performance and price) especially between the FoST/GTI and FoRS/R. The Type-R could nuzzle in there nicely. The other problem it may have especially in this bracket is the unknown. The R and RS take very well to mods and with AWD they hold their own with stoplight wars. The Type-R from what I have been able to gather makes about the same as a stock RS when tuned. If it comes in under 3000lbs though, that might be enough to put up a fight against it's rivals.

All I know is when I see one, I won't be afraid to run it. That is when my X-47 is install lol

Gotta agree with Crooked here. The price seems crazy for what it is, I doubt it's going to be able to pull a lot of non-Honda fans at that price. What with the RS/STI staring it in the face. And I'm miffed that it's only front wheel drive with that much power/torque. Even with the Honda version of the revo-knuckle I doubt it'll do much to the torque steer. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the Speed3s were, heard those would try to kill you every time you launched (love them anyway).

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
It's beat every thing on the track, multiple tracks at that. Even the awd competition.

I'll definitely go check it out. Honestly, I don't know how I feel with it being in the mid 30s and FWD so it's confusing but it does look like it'll be fun. I do like the styling as well.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'll definitely go check it out. Honestly, I don't know how I feel with it being in the mid 30s and FWD so it's confusing but it does look like it'll be fun. I do like the styling as well.
If you want awd for snow and weather reasons then that makes sense. But I wouldn't mind spending mid 30s on a fwd drive if it beats every awd car in its class, like the civic has done so far.

It's definitely on par performance wise with the R, RS, maybe even sti depending on how well it actually drives. If you look pass the awd obviously, and just at raw performance.

If you want awd for snow and weather reasons then that makes sense. But I wouldn't mind spending mid 30s on a fwd drive if it beats every awd car in its class, like the civic has done so far.

It's definitely on par performance wise with the R, RS, maybe even sti depending on how well it actually drives. If you look pass the awd obviously, and just at raw performance.
I mean I wouldn't pick it up; I would go see it and stuff; but you're right at that point if I could I would get an RS or an R as I want the AWD

It's beat every thing on the track, multiple tracks at that. Even the awd competition.
Do you have evidence of this, not saying I doubt you but my memory says the RS is faster on a few tracks.

Also some things to keep in mind is that I would gladly take a slower car even by a few seconds if it's more joyful to drive. I love a proper set up FWD vehicle like the FiST but it has to be playful. Ford so far are really the only ones who push a happy tail on FWD. I also want to point out that unless your driving on the track things can change drastically on the road, there is a reason why over and over people state the RS will keep up with anything on a back road, and embarrassed the Golf R in a MT test on a backroad.

So I think it's more a personal preference but sadly it still is a niche vehicle. I just don't see many people jumping on this vehicle because it is FWD in that price range. I know this from my time in the RS forums and the hate for FWD before it was confirmed AWD even though we both know how good FWD can be. Even the snow argument doesn't hold water on a vehicle with such little ground clearance but people still look for ways to convince themselves AWD is a must lol.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Do you have evidence of this, not saying I doubt you but my memory says the RS is faster on a few tracks.

Also some things to keep in mind is that I would gladly take a slower car even by a few seconds if it's more joyful to drive. I love a proper set up FWD vehicle like the FiST but it has to be playful. Ford so far are really the only ones who push a happy tail on FWD. I also want to point out that unless your driving on the track things can change drastically on the road, there is a reason why over and over people state the RS will keep up with anything on a back road, and embarrassed the Golf R in a MT test on a backroad.

So I think it's more a personal preference but sadly it still is a niche vehicle. I just don't see many people jumping on this vehicle because it is FWD in that price range. I know this from my time in the RS forums and the hate for FWD before it was confirmed AWD even though we both know how good FWD can be. Even the snow argument doesn't hold water on a vehicle with such little ground clearance but people still look for ways to convince themselves AWD is a must lol.
Don't have the numbers in front of me but if I recall correctly the type r has beat everything on multiple tracks.

And exactly my argument about the awd vs fwd. This car is probably too low anyway for when or if it snows.

I just bought a gti, so I kinda see from both sides. The fiesta is fun and would obviously beat the gti on the track but gti is a great all around daily driver which is what I want right now. Didn't look at the focus st because I didn't want another ford, wanted a change. Nothing against it. And can't spend the money right now for one of the over 30k models unfortunately. House hurting. Ha.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I believe the 'rags' about as much as I believe Consumer Reports.

So, until I see one UNBIASED, experienced driver (and NO, NOT Randy Pobst, who all but drew a paycheck from Honda HQ in Japan!! [nono]) lapping on the same day/conditions, the 'duh faster than the FoRS, I will not believe it. [wink]

Looks reaaally aggressive and as you have all said, really fast too! But I guess I miss the EP3 Type R shape and *size* in particular?! Seems to just have become so damn large now!

Reminds me of the Mini's becoming not so mini nowadays... Where are the company's take a page out of the MX-5/Miata book and not making cars any larger or heavier!!!

zanethan

Nope, not interested at all.

It might be fast but I bet it has little to no personality.

Also, as others have stated, Honda missed their mark in pricing. If it had topped out at $35k it might grab my attention; however, at $40k+ I would never even consider it. Yes stock it might be able to hang with and beat the AWD competition but the AWD platform will ultimately handle mods better. There will be a lower ceiling in terms of what the Type-R will be able to achieve when pushed to the limits.

Additionally, I absolutely hate the shouty styling of it (and the entire civic line really).

Had Honda priced it better and not made it look like something Paul Walker drove home in 2001 after filming "The Fast and the Furious", it might have peaked my interest. However, as it stands right now it's a hard no for me.

*EDIT*
According the Car and Driver it will only come in one trim level and should be priced at $35k. At that price, I'm interested enough to read articles on it and pay attention to it but I still don't think I would seriously consider it as an option to buy. I just can't get passed that styling...

2800lbs and 300 plus hp should be pretty interesting, especially with those slick shifting transmissions that honda is known for. I really wanna see it in person. Only thing that scares me is the mark up because its the 1st type r we get and they are supposed to be a limited production.