Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gas station preference

My buddy who only drives BMW won't use any fuel but Shell. So I was wondering if there is a preference that most people use? If it helps I'm in San Diego? And what octane level do you guys prefer?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I only use Top Tier gas because I think it makes a difference, so I go to BP, the best source for that here. I only use 93 octane, why hamper the car's performance with less than premium grade?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Costco Premium

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Shell as well, with Sunoco as a very close 2nd choice, and BP third. 93 ONLY for pure gasoline/E10 ->(all we get around here).

I finally found an E85 station nearby, so I usually throw a little of that in the tank with the 93.
He sells various racing fuels there as well, but only in 5 gallon pails, NOT at the pump, or from a 55 gallon drum. [:(]

Ironically, the Sunoco across the street from him sells the GT 260 100 octane unleaded at the pump, but at $10.00/gallon, I will pass. [wink]

DangerMouse

Kwik Trip 93+E85
I have family in Wisconsin and I can never find 93 at kwik trip or any other gas station.

Around home I go to Mobil and Shell. The Shell station is about a 10 minute drive, but I pass it on the way to work.

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
dang maybe I should have made this a poll but I think shell would have game out the winner. shell and chevron are about the same price here. the only crappy part is cali only does 91. but I guess that will have to do.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
BP....Shell.....Marathon....these are the ones to go for especially due to the fact that most carry 93 oct.

brbauer2

Mobil

Been filled at the same pump for all except 2 tanks and the one off the dealer lot.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

I have family in Wisconsin and I can never find 93 at kwik trip or any other gas station.

Around home I go to Mobil and Shell. The Shell station is about a 10 minute drive, but I pass it on the way to work.
Weird. South eastern WI has 93 everywhere. You go north a little ways and it's only 91 pretty much everywhere. I guess i'm lucky.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
On the road I buy US Oil companies fuel, nothing against Shell and BP.......well yes something against BP, they destroyed my home state's coastline! Both fine fuels but I like to have my money support American companies. The largest is Exxon/Mobil followed by Chevron, Valero, Conoco/Phillips and Marathon so any of those get my money. At home I shop Midnite Oil, a local reseller that provides 93 octane non-ethanol, rumored to be supplied by Valero. We are lucky in Chattanooga, TN to have it as Fifi runs best on non-ethanol as far as feel and a measurable increase in MPG.

I don't really think that gas is any different than top grade oils, these so called "top tier" are all excellent fuel. What concerns me more is the facility dispensing the fuel. Branded stations usually are more responsible as far as maintaining their tanks and water in the tanks. Many convenience stores do not. Most cases of "bad" fuel come from these and the large budget brands. I knew a guy that made a living pumping water from independant dealers. I drive by any place when they are having fuel delivered, it stirs the water that develops in all tanks into the fuel you are pumping. Once the filling stops the water settles back to the bottom. The pickup tube for the gas pumps do not go to the very bottom of the storage tanks so as not to pump water. When it does happen it is because the water level is as high as the pickup tubes. How does that happen? A leaking cap or not tightening it down both allow rainwater to leak into the storage tanks. Also keeping the tanks topped off reduces the condensation that will develop.

I guess I'm lucky over here in Georgia because 93 is available everywhere and e85 at Race Trac and a few other places near me.
I usually buy Shell > Chevron > Race Trac > Costco depending on the price and how far I want to drive.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I guess I'm lucky over here in Georgia because 93 is available everywhere and e85 at Race Trac and a few other places near me.
I usually buy Shell > Chevron > Race Trac > Costco depending on the price and how far I want to drive.
Is your 93 E10, or 100% petroleum based?