Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is it worth trading in the fiesta for the RS?

That and be prepared to pay 5k-10k over Msrp by most dealers due to the unique factor of own one. I looked into it....Msrp was 37k dealer tached on another 10k to make it 47k out the Door....and that's where I went was out the Door.[thumb]
Yep. I offered three different dealers cash at the sticker price($37k to 39k). Denied by all as all would not waive the "Market Price Increase" sticker that was next to the actual sticker. So I saved 20k and bought the used FiST ($17k).

Over here where I live I could get the rs for msrp. Matt Farah drove my car on the one take and he loved it and I'd never get rid of my fist for an rs but I would definitely love to own one once I pay the fist off.

me32

1000 Post Club
At my local dealer they have the RS at msrp. The RS are now starting to sit because people arent paying the mark ups. With all options its over 40k

Yep. I offered three different dealers cash at the sticker price($37k to 39k). Denied by all as all would not waive the "Market Price Increase" sticker that was next to the actual sticker. So I saved 20k and bought the used FiST ($17k).
I work for a Ford dealer and personally asked the GM and he said no lol. This was also another reason as working 65+ hours a week doesn't leave a lot of time to call and confirm dealers who would sell at sticker, not to mention the many that said they would and backed out to multiple forum members I know of.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Having own both I can tell you as a daily the Fiesta ST is much more fun to drive not to mention it's lighter on the wallet in terms of fuel cost.

Over here where I live I could get the rs for msrp. Matt Farah drove my car on the one take and he loved it and I'd never get rid of my fist for an rs but I would definitely love to own one once I pay the fist off.
I agree with this. I'd never give up my FiST for the RS but I'd likely buy it when I get back to the US to have both. Although I have seen quite a bit on their forum about head gasket issues. If the reliability isn't there I won't be getting one.

I would, if RS sold for ~$33k. There is 1 $37K RS sitting on the lot for $42K. They don't let anyone test drive it, unless the person signs to buy it, and sales people don't have access to the keys. It's a very crappy dealership though. I've opted to drive 24mi out to a different one just to order my FiST.

A2FiST

Ford probably killed a lot of possible buyers by treating the RS like it is a Ford GT.

It's good car but for the price and market I would have expected a better interior than an ST interior with blue stiching and blue gauges. Ok maybe the seats are slightly different.

Not worth the 10k price difference in my opinion.

If you only have one DD and live in the north then I could see someone buying one.

However I'm more than happy with the FiST and 15k+ in the bank.

Might have helped if the Ford dealer actually let me drive one instead of sit in it at the dealership with the engine running.

Anyway trading in the FiST for the New CTR.

I'm a Honda guy now...

Ford probably killed a lot of possible buyers by treating the RS like it is a Ford GT.

It's good car but for the price and market I would have expected a better interior than an ST interior with blue stiching and blue gauges. Ok maybe the seats are slightly different.

Not worth the 10k price difference in my opinion.

If you only have one DD and live in the north then I could see someone buying one.

However I'm more than happy with the FiST and 15k+ in the bank.

Might have helped if the Ford dealer actually let me drive one instead of sit in it at the dealership with the engine running.

Anyway trading in the FiST for the New CTR.

I'm a Honda guy now...
$35k+ for a CTR? No thanks.

Took the little lady's escape to the dealer for maintenance today and I finally saw an RS up close.

Beautiful car. The blue looks much nicer in person.

I definitely want one after sitting in it no start up though, but @ $43k it did not make want in my garage in place of my Fiesta.

My girl on the other hand loved it and told me to trade in the Escape for it and she can drive the Fiesta

Can't do it though. Her and my little girl deserve the extra space provided by the escape.

Maybe I can find a good deal on a used RS like i did with my Evos in the past.

My local dealer has a Nitrous Blue RS2 with the forged 19" wheels for $41K. No markup.

While on leave back in the states I stopped by the Ford dealership near my parents house in VA. They have a black and a blue on the lot. No markup on either. My mom wanted me to buy the blue one and leave it at her house until I moved back from Germany haha. I'm holding out for a stealth gray. The black one had the RS2 package and was for sale for 38k. I paid 21k out the door for my 2016 kona blue FiST. I would say I can't see paying that much for that car...but I'd do it.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
from those I have talked to who have experience with both cars, most say the RS is an awesome car, but the Fiesta ST is more fun on the street at a much lower price. Is the RS worth twice the ST price? Not sure. My dad's RS was built yesterday and when it arrives later this summer, we are planning on some videos comparing and contrasting the ST and RS. If I didn't have my ST, I would surely be going after the RS. Since I love everything about my ST, I can't justify getting into an RS.

Izzy

It's not twice the car...so no

But I do plan to test drive the CTR when it comes out. I've owned many Honda's & Acura's so you could say I bleed Red & Championship White :)

From an economic standpoint, I can't see an argument for buying a FoRS right now unless you have money to burn. If you think about it like a stock, it would be like buying at the peak. The RS is "so hot right now" and there are relatively few of them (as Ford intended), so dealers are happy to charge a markup for them. And they are still selling pretty well: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2017/05/08/hot-cars-selling/101454922/

So you have two really compelling reasons to wait in my opinion:

1) Wait for the price to come down on new models or for more of an affordable used market to develop.
2) Waiting to see what the fatal flaw is

By fatal flaw, I mean on a car this high strung, with Ford's reputation (or lack thereof) for build quality, something is going to break, and probably in significant numbers. It may be something on the engine, or something in their trick AWD transmission, or something else entirely. Until it's been out in the world for a few years with people beating on it, you won't know what that is or how much it is going to cost. Even if you are comfortable with whatever build quality/maintenance issue arises, better to buy after it is known to the world than before, so the price can adjust accordingly.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
as for the dealer markup, from what I have seen lately, dealers are now marking them down under sticker. My dad checked out a number of dealers in Florida while I checked in West Michigan to see what was in stock. He wanted to see a white RS in person. What we found is that there are no white RS's on the lots in the areas we looked and dealers are no longer adding a huge markup.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I battled this question for a long time in my head. The conclusion I came to was no it isn't.