Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drilless Splash Guards

jeff

2000 Post Club
Just saw this posted on Amazon. Anyone want to venture to try these? 55 bucks shipped. Claims to be Made in the USA. The misspelling make me think otherwise

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Fiesta-...25025&sr=8-2&keywords=Ford+Fiesta+rock+guards

BTW I attempted to stop by the "offices" of Rally Armor in Astoria Queens. I don't see any indication of a factory. They're in the same building as a sign shop (which looked closed at the time). It's possible they're the same company. I rang their door bell and some woman answered on the intercom sounding like I woke her out of a nap or something. Needless to say, I didn't get in. I wouldn't be surprised if these all came from China and they slapped a Rally Armor printed logo and packaging and called it "Made in NYC". It's like certain watches claiming to be "Swiss made" when all they're doing is getting Chinese made watches that are 95% done and shipped to Switzerland. Then they install the hands with Swiss labor. Because that 5% of work & parts installed in Switzerland is valued higher than the 95% of the watch that's made in China, they can claim that it's Swiss made. I could be totally off so take this with a grain of salt. For all I know they could have a factory offsite elsewhere in NYC. But until I see pictures of it, I remain skeptical.
This thread is good, I'd like some mud/rock/splash guards but I'm not happy with the look of the ones most are using.

The one you mentioned above has already been reviewed/install/etc. on this thread:

ZL1 Addons Rock Guard thread

Only a little $$$ savings compared to the others and looks like quality/R&D is pretty poor.

If anyone has these installed I'd like to see more pictures of the whole car with the flaps on.................!

EDIT

After reading that thread a few times I'm tempted to make my own splash guards. All it would take is some pliable black PVC. They could be fabricated so that they attach where the grommet(s) are already positioned.

Bump here for the OP - I know you said there would not be product design updates along the way, but is there any update on time frame?

Also curious about this, Jeff...

This thread is good, I'd like some mud/rock/splash guards but I'm not happy with the look of the ones most are using.

EDIT

After reading that thread a few times I'm tempted to make my own splash guards. All it would take is some pliable black PVC. They could be fabricated so that they attach where the grommet(s) are already positioned.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Also curious about this, Jeff...
After extensive R&D I've decided that drill-less will not work, will not look right, will not fit properly, will not last through the elements without some sort of mechanical attachment. I ended up making my own as detailed in this thread.