Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drilless Splash Guards

Hi guys, my name is Kelly. Im a some what new Fiesta ST owner and enthusiast. Ive recently ordered 2 different sets of splash guards/mud flaps and was pretty unhappy with the products. I work for a small company and approached my boss with the issue and he said if there's enough interest that he could produce "Drilless" Splash Guards/Mud Flaps. So figured I would start here to see what kind of interest this generates! I had drilless splash guards on my 2016 Ecoboost Mustang and I thought they were great! Alot better then all these crazy mounting blocks and other methods ive seen to attach mud flaps to the "fist".
Thanks
Kelly K

Does that mean the flaps are held on to existing mounting holes or taped? I'd like to see the way it looks before committing, fairly interested though.

I think we'd need some more info. Can you provide examples of other products so we can get an idea of what you're talking about?

Bluedrank

I'd be totally in the market for this, assuming they look nice, aren't gigantic, perform well, and don't fall off.

Definitely like to hear more, if they're sized to be subtle and functional.

Bought a set of Rock Guards as soon as they were announced, but didn't even bother with them when they arrived and I saw how they were meant to be installed.

I have no interest in anything as big (or as obviously logo'ed) as the the Rally Armors.

Would you be willing to let your car be the test subject and have your boss make some prototype for us to see? I would really appreciate that. Thanks.

Hi guys, my name is Kelly. Im a some what new Fiesta ST owner and enthusiast. Ive recently ordered 2 different sets of splash guards/mud flaps and was pretty unhappy with the products. I work for a small company and approached my boss with the issue and he said if there's enough interest that he could produce "Drilless" Splash Guards/Mud Flaps. So figured I would start here to see what kind of interest this generates! I had drilless splash guards on my 2016 Ecoboost Mustang and I thought they were great! Alot better then all these crazy mounting blocks and other methods ive seen to attach mud flaps to the "fist".
Thanks
Kelly K

Zormecteon

My interest is in something that can be installed permanently, but removed without a trace of its existence, thus No Drill, No Glue .. don't even know if that's possible, but it's why I'm without any now.

OP
K
Thread Starter #15
Alright guys UPDATE! Enough interest has generated online. My boss is gonna use my car and have one of his "engineers" start on monday. The design will not be talked about through out the process, when they're in production I will make a video along with pics etc. He already has the idea it just took him 3 days to search the internet because he could not believe these dont exist for the Fiesta yet. So Monday he is going to start looking at different types of materials and start the process etc. I will keep you guys updated along with any info that he's willing to allow me to put out there!

But of course, just got the RA's in the mail 2 days ago. Any idea how long the design process will take to get to production? Any examples from other cars? Is the company in Lynnwood too?

haste

1000 Post Club
Drilling a couple holes through some plastic is a big deal? Lewlz. You could always fill the holes back in with a plastic repair kit if it worries you that much.

I'm definitely interested, provided they are durable and semi-permanent (meaning they don't fly off at highway speeds)

Heck, I did this right after I bought my car. I took four standard flat splash guards from O'Reilly, and cut them down to fit the ST so that they protect the car but don't stick down so far that they are an eyesore. On the front, I used the existing scrivet (plastic screw rivet) as a mounting point, drilling a hole in the splashguard. The rest of it is 3M double-side taped to the fender. On the rear, just using double-side tape to hold them to the bumper.

They've been holding fine for two years now.

Bluedrank

Heck, I did this right after I bought my car. I took four standard flat splash guards from O'Reilly, and cut them down to fit the ST so that they protect the car but don't stick down so far that they are an eyesore. On the front, I used the existing scrivet (plastic screw rivet) as a mounting point, drilling a hole in the splashguard. The rest of it is 3M double-side taped to the fender. On the rear, just using double-side tape to hold them to the bumper.

They've been holding fine for two years now.
pictures please