Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drilless Splash Guards

Here are some pics of my homemade 3M-taped splashguards. Again, I just took a set of flat black plastic splashguards from the local auto parts store, and, after making a cardboard template from the fender and bumper, cut the splashguards down to fit the ST. I rough cut the pattern with a razor knife and sanded the final shape to make it smooth. Easy and cheap.

It just rained when I took the pics, so the car is dirty.

Attachments

Thank you. Not sure which grade of 3M tape, nothing fancy. It's the stuff you can buy on a roll at a Lowes or HD. Light grey tape with red backing.

Awesome! I don't like the size of the rally armor ones. I'm looking for an OEM style that's just subtle but does the job. Definitely interested once this really gets going.

Zissou

Subbing for interest. I'm curious to see what these turn out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rally Armor in Black and Grey are pretty subdued but I agree they should offer a version without a logo. I'm more astounded by the price they're commanding. 160 bucks?? GTFOH. Totally not worth that for a couple pieces of plastic. Considering universal Rally Armor go for $20, 70-80 bucks MAX with the mounting hardware. The Rokblokz are about that price but they look like sh!t.

Subbed. Hopefully these will be much more reasonably priced.

Definitely like to hear more, if they're sized to be subtle and functional.

Bought a set of Rock Guards as soon as they were announced, but didn't even bother with them when they arrived and I saw how they were meant to be installed.

I have no interest in anything as big (or as obviously logo'ed) as the the Rally Armors.

Last edited:
Just saw this posted on Amazon. Anyone want to venture to try these? 55 bucks shipped. Claims to be Made in the USA. The misspelling make me think otherwise

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Fiesta-...25025&sr=8-2&keywords=Ford+Fiesta+rock+guards

BTW I attempted to stop by the "offices" of Rally Armor in Astoria Queens. I don't see any indication of a factory. They're in the same building as a sign shop (which looked closed at the time). It's possible they're the same company. I rang their door bell and some woman answered on the intercom sounding like I woke her out of a nap or something. Needless to say, I didn't get in. I wouldn't be surprised if these all came from China and they slapped a Rally Armor printed logo and packaging and called it "Made in NYC". It's like certain watches claiming to be "Swiss made" when all they're doing is getting Chinese made watches that are 95% done and shipped to Switzerland. Then they install the hands with Swiss labor. Because that 5% of work & parts installed in Switzerland is valued higher than the 95% of the watch that's made in China, they can claim that it's Swiss made. I could be totally off so take this with a grain of salt. For all I know they could have a factory offsite elsewhere in NYC. But until I see pictures of it, I remain skeptical.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Just saw this posted on Amazon. Anyone want to venture to try these? 55 bucks shipped. Claims to be Made in the USA. The misspelling make me think otherwise

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Fiesta-...25025&sr=8-2&keywords=Ford+Fiesta+rock+guards

BTW I attempted to stop by the "offices" of Rally Armor in Astoria Queens. I don't see any indication of a factory. They're in the same building as a sign shop (which looked closed at the time). It's possible they're the same company. I rang their door bell and some woman answered on the intercom sounding like I woke her out of a nap or something. Needless to say, I didn't get in. I wouldn't be surprised if these all came from China and they slapped a Rally Armor printed logo and packaging and called it "Made in NYC". It's like certain watches claiming to be "Swiss made" when all they're doing is getting Chinese made watches that are 95% done and shipped to Switzerland. Then they install the hands with Swiss labor. Because that 5% of work & parts installed in Switzerland is valued higher than the 95% of the watch that's made in China, they can claim that it's Swiss made. I could be totally off so take this with a grain of salt. For all I know they could have a factory offsite elsewhere in NYC. But until I see pictures of it, I remain skeptical.
20% negative rating in the last 30 days........would you send them money?

20% negative rating in the last 30 days........would you send them money?
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just make followers of this thread aware of our options beside RokBlokz and Rally Armor. Furthermore it's not an accurate representation of this seller's lifetime 95% positive. They might've had an unlucky streak of complaints after releasing something for XYZ model car. Unfortunately some customers online can be unreasonable twats. Looking at his store front he has mudflaps for various models. Some get 4 and 5 stars, some get 1-2 stars. I'm hoping for our benefit, it's a good fit. They look a little bit small to be honest.

For all we know this might be the OP's company who put these out. Wouldn't know since he/she hasn't posted any progress about this recently.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just make followers of this thread aware of our options beside RokBlokz and Rally Armor. Furthermore it's not an accurate representation of this seller's lifetime 95% positive. They might've had an unlucky streak of complaints after releasing something for XYZ model car. Unfortunately some customers online can be unreasonable twats. Looking at his store front he has mudflaps for various models. Some get 4 and 5 stars, some get 1-2 stars. I'm hoping for our benefit, it's a good fit. They look a little bit small to be honest.

For all we know this might be the OP's company who put these out. Wouldn't know since he/she hasn't posted any progress about this recently.
Sorry, not shooting anyone. As I understand the factory Ford flaps will not fit out ST's. And these do not say they fit an ST either. His lifetime ratings are OK, but for the last few months it has gone straight downhill for some reason. The rhetorical question was not meant directly to you but to everyone, when service goes down this badly it is a reason to run. Could be someone new is running the business now. I have enough problems with some vendors I was under the impression of being OK, no adding more problems for me.

Seems to me the best bet is to make your own as I will not put the available monster billboards on my car. I have seen several write ups about it on the forums.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am also curious about this, as Astoria does seem like an unlikely place for this company to even be based.

I wonder just how much of their kits (IF any) have to actually be legally manufactured "In NYC", in order for them to claim that, and put it right on their boxes? [dunno]