Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Suggestions for Track Only Wheels

Looking to do more track days this year and I want a set of dedicated wheels for just track time. Would like a 7 or 8" wide, I'd love to run a 215 or 225 if possible.

I'm a little concerned with running 15" wheels because I don't want to limit my brake options in the future.

What about 16"? They don't seem to be a common size, but tire prices are pretty close to 15".

I'm not really finding anything other than the 1.2's in either size...

Any suggestions?

Tirerack has a few options, don't know if you checked oit that site. They got some sparco assetto gara in 16x7 for a good deal. Very light too, im gonna get some this summer.

Im using the Ford Racing wheels right now for the track. Theyre 1.5 pounds lighter each, but I got them mainly for appearance. Im going to spring for 17" OZ Superleggeras once I wear out my current track tire though. They should save about 6.5 lbs per wheel over stock and thats significant...

OZ's are a great bang for the buck wheel. Light, strong, and reasonably priced in a decent variety of sizes for us.
Our big downside is our bolt pattern(not much off the shelf available).

That said, pimpy custom wheels would be cool... ;)

Ill be springing for the OZ Ultraleggeras later this year probably. Another ST driver at the track had a set wrapped in Falken track tires, and he said they made a HUGE difference. I believe they save 7 lbs per wheel over stock.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ill be springing for the OZ Ultraleggeras later this year probably. Another ST driver at the track had a set wrapped in Falken track tires, and he said they made a HUGE difference.
615K pluses, or a set of their actual full race compound, full slicks?

I have Rota Slipstreams for track only wheels and they are great. Very light and seem to be taking the abuse well so far! I can definitely tell the difference over the OEM wheel/tire combo.

Running Konig Hypergrams for the Track 17*8. Will have a report from racing them this weekend

I have Rota Slipstreams for track only wheels and they are great. Very light and seem to be taking the abuse well so far! I can definitely tell the difference over the OEM wheel/tire combo.
After wheel shopping for 7 months I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set of these for autox. The price is right and the styling is low key which I prefer. And the weight.

After wheel shopping for 7 months I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set of these for autox. The price is right and the styling is low key which I prefer. And the weight.
I would definitely recommend them. They hide brake dust well too which is a nice bonus!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk