Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cannot get rid of wrench light

[MENTION=8338]pirite[/MENTION] - Thanks. Door jamb sticker says 10/2015 but the description under the second TSB (15-0132), that says "on or before 6/2015", fits it perfectly. It seems they were still using older module(s) and/or programming four months after the cut off date. (potentially longer) [thumbdown]
Happens more than you would think unfortunately. I’d print the tab out and call the dealer. Only othernoption is finding an independent shop with the capabilities to update modules.

Go to stock flash prior to taking it in and unmarry your access port. Flash to tune after getting the car back.
Thing is that I have stage three cam shafts that have very complex fuel trim and fuel related tuning that are REQUIRED for it to run at all. I am afraid it literally won't run on the stock tune.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Happens more than you would think unfortunately. I’d print the tab out and call the dealer. Only othernoption is finding an independent shop with the capabilities to update modules.
Based on the misrouted vacuum hose, chipped edges of the windshield resulting with water intrusion, oddly "packaged" wire harness behind the glove box, this doesn't surprise me actually. Ford has some issues with build consistency and quality control at the assembly line.

Something else to note about the maintenance light, no related message was present at all in the Vehicle Message Center. So it lights up, but doesn't tell you why. The procedure to turn it off gives no feedback what so ever, but at least it works.

This is an issue I can continue to ignore, but at the same time I'm wondering what other beneficial bug fixes, improvements and tweaks might be available with the module firmware updates.

First post on this forum but I have been reading since I purchased the car in June 2017.

I own a 2015 Fiesta ST with 11'000 miles and the yellow wrench light came on couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I had the second oil change done at my local Ford dealer and nobody could turn the light off. I run COBB stage 1, if that changes anything. I try resetting with the gas+brake pedal simultaneous depressing method without the accessport, still no success.

I am subscribing to this thread for a solution.

Thanks!

Remove the Cobb tune and try the resetting procedure again. This usually works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's best to uninstall the Cobb tune and go back to stock for the purpose of turning off the wrench light. Some say they have turned off the light with a tune installed, but many need to remove it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The yellow wrench light disappear when I completely removed (unmarried) the accessport! Now I need to get the tune back and see if oil life is 100%...

Envoyé de mon SM-G955W en utilisant Tapatalk

I also have a ScanGaugeII that I remove, and also pull the NAV SD card, and my USB stick, then it works. Whew!

2015 Fiesta ST. (No Warranty Left, so dealer is really last option available)

Just turned 10,000 miles and the wrench light came on. As I've read on here, it is kind of a "service light" if it comes on at 10k miles. I did an oil change already 1,000 miles ago. Car seems to drive with 0 issue, no loss of power, starts every time and drives.

Car came with Cobb stage 1 on it, but no access port. I've since purchased an access port just to flash back to stock. Been running stock now for 1k+ miles.

I've tried dozens of times the holding of brake and gas all the way down with just accessory power on. I've done different combinations like holding the push button start and the foot pedals, or just doing the foot pedals, or pressing the gas/brake and then pressing the accessory push to start, absolutely nothing is getting rid of the wrench light.

I flashed to stage one again, just to flash back to stock, and still wrench light is on.

I've scanned with a $1,000+ scan tool that reads every single module in the car and there is 0 faults in any system.

The ONLY other issue with the car is a TPMS light because I recently changed my wheels and tires (around 9,900 miles) and it seems there might be one bad sensor or one dead battery in a sensor.

Does anyone have any other idea about how to get rid of this wrench light? Thank you.

*****Could this be the problem******

Like I posted above, the car came used, and clearly had a cobb tune already on it (but with NO accessport). Is it possible that since I did not use the original accessport that originally flashed the car, that the stock tune my accessport flashed is not really the factory ECU tune and not allowing me to clear this code?
Lol for some reason I have never ever seen my wrench light on from the day I told the salesman to fk off when he tried to show me how to use the FiST before driving it off the showroom floor lol that's the last time they ever seen me... I'm never getting those dogs to service my car and charge me 8 times the price for crappy oil and God knows what else..... I guess the car knows how I feel too [emoji23]

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

So I recently went to the dealership to pick up a new brake switch (it’s blue) after having my wrench light on for about 15k miles.. it would come on intermittently and whenever it was on my cruise control wouldn’t work so that might also be the reason. Fairly inexpensive @ $16