Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cannot get rid of wrench light

2015 Fiesta ST. (No Warranty Left, so dealer is really last option available)

Just turned 10,000 miles and the wrench light came on. As I've read on here, it is kind of a "service light" if it comes on at 10k miles. I did an oil change already 1,000 miles ago. Car seems to drive with 0 issue, no loss of power, starts every time and drives.

Car came with Cobb stage 1 on it, but no access port. I've since purchased an access port just to flash back to stock. Been running stock now for 1k+ miles.

I've tried dozens of times the holding of brake and gas all the way down with just accessory power on. I've done different combinations like holding the push button start and the foot pedals, or just doing the foot pedals, or pressing the gas/brake and then pressing the accessory push to start, absolutely nothing is getting rid of the wrench light.

I flashed to stage one again, just to flash back to stock, and still wrench light is on.

I've scanned with a $1,000+ scan tool that reads every single module in the car and there is 0 faults in any system.

The ONLY other issue with the car is a TPMS light because I recently changed my wheels and tires (around 9,900 miles) and it seems there might be one bad sensor or one dead battery in a sensor.

Does anyone have any other idea about how to get rid of this wrench light? Thank you.

*****Could this be the problem******

Like I posted above, the car came used, and clearly had a cobb tune already on it (but with NO accessport). Is it possible that since I did not use the original accessport that originally flashed the car, that the stock tune my accessport flashed is not really the factory ECU tune and not allowing me to clear this code?

Last edited:
I am 99% sure that I have read on here the access port must be unplugged for it to work. My wrench came on at 10,025 exactly, finished driving home, did the gas and brake trick and DONE!

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
So my accessport is definitely not hooked up when I was doing this, however I am convinced this is the stupid service interval light since the car is acting right!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
There are several threads on this. You must hold the gas and brakes for 1 minute when performing the action. Second some have state the accessport must be unmarried (stock no tune whatsoever) for it to take.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, but as stated in my original post, my car is completely unmarried, and also have done this with the gas and brake pedal. I've done it for a few minutes at a time, with no remedy yet...

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thanks for the reply, but as stated in my original post, my car is completely unmarried, and also have done this with the gas and brake pedal. I've done it for a few minutes at a time, with no remedy yet...
There is also a tbs on he subject as well. Can't remember the number off hand.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Oh and lastly it will also activate for bad brake pedal sensor. See if cruise control works. If it does not engage it is the brake not the oil minder. Good luck.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
There is also a tbs on he subject as well. Can't remember the number off hand.
Thank you! Is a "tbs" a bulletin? I will try cruise control on next drive. I'm guessing if the brake pedal sensor is broken then my brake lights won't light up, which I just tested and is working fine.

Have you tried turning off the oil reminder through the settings on MyFordTouch? Not sure if it will turn off the wrench light, just trying to throw suggestions out there to try.

me32

1000 Post Club
If anyone has the TSB that would be awesome as this sounds like it might be my problem. Thanks so much!
I don't remember with it was. I had it done a couple years ago. If you do a search on the site you should find it.

Oh and lastly it will also activate for bad brake pedal sensor. See if cruise control works. If it does not engage it is the brake not the oil minder. Good luck.
I also have the wrench light on.. its been on ever since i visited the dealer for a 30k service. My cruise control will only work if the light is not on, if the light is on my cruise control will not work. The wrench light also does not appear every single time i'm in the car, its only sometimes that it will appear. How would i go about this? i'm hearing talk about the brake pedal sensor? tbs?

any help or recommendations would be appreciated

How hard/how far down do I need to hold the brake pedal? I have followed the instructions and it never goes away. I feel if I press more on the brakes I am going to break something.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Just did this last night. Second time since I've owned it from new. It seems you have to hold the pedals for a stupidly long time. You just want to light up the brake lights. I assume that extravagant pressure on the brake is no required.

Everything off, held Start button for two seconds.
Let go.
Simultaneously floored the accelerator, held the brake.
Held for a stupidly long time... maybe a couple of minutes.
No confirmation on Sync 3 display, but the light went away.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=8338]pirite[/MENTION] - Thanks. Door jamb sticker says 10/2015 but the description under the second TSB (15-0132), that says "on or before 6/2015", fits it perfectly. It seems they were still using older module(s) and/or programming four months after the cut off date. (potentially longer) [thumbdown]

Ford Community Posts