Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OxFoRd WhItE FiSt BuIlD

OP
ShadowInDaNight
Thread Starter #44
Hey Shadow, what tire and size do you run on track? Looks like TD 15x8 wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tested Star Spec II 205/50/15 on those TD 15x8s in the fall, initially I didn't like the 50 series tire, so I'll prolly go with 225/45/15. I'm going to run on those 15s in June again to seee what happens... Prior to the 15x8s, I run my TD 16x7s with 205/45/16 RE71rs. That was prime setup.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
I tested Star Spec II 205/50/15 on those TD 15x8s in the fall, initially I didn't like the 50 series tire, so I'll prolly go with 225/45/15. I'm going to run on those 15s in June again to seee what happens... Prior to the 15x8s, I run my TD 16x7s with 205/45/16 RE71rs. That was prime setup.
What didn't you like about the 50 series? I am about to get TD 15x8 and run either Rival 1.5S in 225/45/15 or go with RE71R in 205/50/15. My plan is to use them mainly for AutoX with a few track days in there. I'm lowered about an inch in front on MeisterRs so I was concerned with rubbing on 225s. I was currently leaning towards the RE71Rs. Thanks for the feedback! May have to reconsider my options.

I won't be able to make it to Proving Grounds in June but planning to be there in September. Also plan to do a couple Track Night in America events at DCTC this summer as well.

OP
ShadowInDaNight
Thread Starter #46
What didn't you like about the 50 series? I am about to get TD 15x8 and run either Rival 1.5S in 225/45/15 or go with RE71R in 205/50/15. My plan is to use them mainly for AutoX with a few track days in there. I'm lowered about an inch in front on MeisterRs so I was concerned with rubbing on 225s. I was currently leaning towards the RE71Rs. Thanks for the feedback! May have to reconsider my options.

I won't be able to make it to Proving Grounds in June but planning to be there in September. Also plan to do a couple Track Night in America events at DCTC this summer as well.

Probably my initial 45 to 50 series reaction to rotating the car in/out turns, after driving miles upon miles on a 45 series, lol. That's why I'm probably going to run them once more. I'm lowered on Swift springs. The RE71R 205/50/15 is slightly smaller for tread patch, if I'm not mistaken for an 8inch wheel...partly y I went with 205/50/15 Star spec IIs.

I've yet to take a look at DCTC..... may have to or at the very least, go watch some of the action.