Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Broke a Motor Mount over the weekend...

Broke my Passenger side Top motor mount at Atalnta Dragway on saturday. I launched from 2k, and apparently it hooked way to hard and sheared the bolt. I've seen a few of you on here who have had this same problem, makes me feel a little better about my situation!
Not only did the mount break, but in the process the motor jumped back, broke my Oil Catch Can off the mount, and pulled the boot off the inner joint of the passenger side CV. I have a Turbo Tech Engine mount on order, but I'm not sure about what to do with the CV. Do i need to replace the entire shaft or can i just put a new inner joint boot on and be ok?

Pictures of the carnage:
rsz_broken_motor_mount.jpg rsz_broken_cv_axle.jpg

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Once you get the CV out, rotate it and see if it moves smoothly. If you don't hear any audible clicks then the inner race ring is probably fine and you can rebuild it (with a new boot and more grease). The biggest concern is if there is play within the joints or the movement isn't smooth throughout the whole range for the CV. Make sure to test both ends. Taking it apart to inspect isn't a bad thing either - you'll need lots of rags and some degreaser though!

When offroading in my 4Runner and I connect the front locker I can break CV axles with some effort - I've rebuilt at least 6 so far...