Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Konig Hypergram

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
...What you want for ultimate balance of grip, feedback, control all meaning a faster tire in all but perhaps drag racing is a little bit of stretch to stiffen up the sidewall a bit.
Agreed, but stretching is ugly, even a little stretch doesn't look right to me. Tire needs to be square to look correct. Also, stretch exposes wheels to curb rash and makes the ride harsher.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Style over substance is your choice of course and there are always trade offs no mater what we do, why I have had up to four different sets of wheels and tires for one single vehicle including this one but now down to two sets. Super stretched to me is a very silly and a bit dangerous way to go, super wide tires on narrow wheels can be equally so. Balancing what ones needs and expectations are with the real world use of the vehicle all come into play. We fix the ride harshness with smaller rim diameters, wide enough to properly support the sidewall for good feedback and control and save considerably unsprung rotational mass which effects all aspects of performance as well as ride and causes less wear and tare on the chassis...

This car should of come with 16" wheels, 17's just to tall and add unneeded mas, harder to find proper tires especially in wider sizes, harsher ride, etc....

I like style as much as anybody but never put it above performance, again balanced with my actual needs, wants, real world use, etc....

I prefer to look at this all from an engineering vieiwpoint first, use then style and have been doing so for 50 years on dozens of vehicles, hundreds of sets of wheels and tires and refrain from saying something looks ugly even though I might think so and of course you are entitled to your opinion and can call it whatever you wish:)

I might say something looks stupid if it is like super wide wheels, very narrow tires, tons of camber, rocket bunny fenders, that is just plain ignorantly following a fad instead of using ones mind and putting something together properly. (I admit I take a pretty strong stand on this but I do it for a reason, hopefully it might wake somebody up from the slumber of following silly fads and it is absolutely the truth!)

Last edited:
Dang... Looks like I just missed out on ordering the Hypergrams. I had an order in on Christmas for them and was notified the next day that they are on nationwide backorder until they make another batch in a few months [?|]

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Dang... Looks like I just missed out on ordering the Hypergrams. I had an order in on Christmas for them and was notified the next day that they are on nationwide backorder until they make another batch in a few months [?|]
Try ebay. I believe there's a couple of sets on there, but for more $$$.

You may have just gotten the last set! I actually ordered from them as well. They ended up having to call Konig to order the set for me, which ended with Konig telling them oops we don't have any

And yeah I tried ebay as well. What's weird about that is the one set I found on there is that I emailed the seller and asked if the wheels were in stock just to make sure.. They replied sorry these are actually out of stock and then pulled the listing

You may have just gotten the last set! I actually ordered from them as well. They ended up having to call Konig to order the set for me, which ended with Konig telling them oops we don't have any

And yeah I tried ebay as well. What's weird about that is the one set I found on there is that I emailed the seller and asked if the wheels were in stock just to make sure.. They replied sorry these are actually out of stock and then pulled the listing
That sucks, I Hope they come in soon. Did they mention how long it will take? I'm actually thinking about wheels for the upcoming season and this is on the top on the top of the list.

That sucks, I Hope they come in soon. Did they mention how long it will take? I'm actually thinking about wheels for the upcoming season and this is on the top on the top of the list.
They did actually, here was their reply when I asked Konig again on Monday for a timeframe:

"Good Morning Avery! Thank you for reaching out to us! We should have the Hypergram 17x8 4x108 in about 60 days! Unfortunately currently we do not have plans for the Tandem or the Freeform in 4x108 but check out the Lockout we will be releasing sizes for 4x108 around Mar/Apr 2019!"

So I'm hoping around March they should be back in stock. They also responded to my question about other wheels being produced in 4x108 and it looks like the Lockout may be another option! Although, I don't think that is one of their flow formed wheels so weight may be more than the Hypergram.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
The lockout: 16x7.5 is the holy grail of sizes for me, but the fact that it's not flow formed ruins it. Also, they mention dual drill pcd. That is a big no!
I don't see why you don't make all of their new rims flow form, considering how affordable they sell them at.

Just in case anyone has these on order, I received a call from Discount Tire Direct yesterday morning confirming they should be on my doorstep in around 2 and a half weeks or so.
I had already messaged Konig out of curiosity before Discount Tire called and Konig confirmed they should have more inventory of the Hypergrams for our bolt pattern on March 23rd [cheerleader]

Chris G

Just in case anyone has these on order, I received a call from Discount Tire Direct yesterday morning confirming they should be on my doorstep in around 2 and a half weeks or so.
I had already messaged Konig out of curiosity before Discount Tire called and Konig confirmed they should have more inventory of the Hypergrams for our bolt pattern on March 23rd [cheerleader]
Welp, that's great news!

My Hypergrams are on the way! Ordered them with a set of 215/40r17 Nitto Neo Gens for a hopefully more square setup.

What are you guys using for lug nuts? I have the Gorilla 21133BC in my Amazon cart but it looks like most people have gone with open faced lugs. I've never had to buy aftermarket lugs before so I'm a little lost [xx(]

Just ordered up my set from DTD. $566 shipped to my front door. Not bad! Can't wait!
Good deal! I ended up going with those Gorilla lugs and they fit the Hypergrams perfectly. These wheels fit the car great, I don't even think pictures do them justice

CSM

1000 Post Club
Did you order in Charlotte? I'm local to Charlotte and have been considering using Discount Tire to order some 16x8 Dekagrams. Wondering which one you used (if local)

Did you order in Charlotte? I'm local to Charlotte and have been considering using Discount Tire to order some 16x8 Dekagrams. Wondering which one you used (if local)
I actually ordered from Discount Tire Direct. They had better pricing on the full package since I went with wheels, tires, and new tpms sensors and they'll ship them out as a package ready to bolt on. They even came one day shipping since they shipped out of their Atlanta distribution hub.

With that in mind, I will say one of the tpms sensors got damaged either during transport or when they mounted the tire. I stopped by the Discount Tire store over near UNCC and they warrantied out a new sensor and rebalanced the wheel free of charge! I'd say if the physical store can price match the DTD online prices I'd definitely try to order through the store to avoid the hassle.