Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Konig Hypergram

Hey everyone,

Like many of you, I'm looking at different wheel options for the upcoming spring/summer season.

I stumbled upon the Konig Hypergram: http://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-formed-wheels/hypergram/

They actually have a 4x108 bolt pattern, 17x8 with +40 offset. Best part is it only weighs 16.3lbs!

My main concern is fitment and tire size limitations. Has anyone fitted a set of these on their FIST? If so, which tire and what size are you running?

I like the look of these. They should be fine with stock size tire or 215/40/17 (for the 17x8 ones). I have Rotas with the same width and offset with 215/40 and no issues.

OP
A FISTer
Thread Starter #3
I like the look of these. They should be fine with stock size tire or 215/40/17 (for the 17x8 ones). I have Rotas with the same width and offset with 215/40 and no issues.
What tires are you running? My original plan was to run a 16x7 and try out the Firestone Indy 500s but they don't make a suitable size for the 17s. It'll be a spirited DD, so I think something like the Star Spec Z2s would be overkill.

I'm using 215/40/17 sumitomo HTZ II. They are cheaper tires but have worked well for me.

Waterfan

Really nice find. Amazing specs for 17x8. I would kill for these in a 4x108, 16x7.5/8 ET40-42 (<16lbs, <$200)

If anyone finds a source make sure to post it. I looked for awhile and couldn't find them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
A FISTer
Thread Starter #11
To make things more difficult, I'm in Canada so availability is even more limited. I'm going to be looking around for local Konig distributors and start sending out some inquiries.

I also messaged Konig on Facebook and got this reply: "Yes they will fit without any issues, we had 17" in stock and have just made the 18" which will be in stock at the end of the month. We have a lot of ST guys running the Rennform too!"

On a somewhat related note, one of my buddies mentioned that Konig and Enkei had some sort of partnership in the past few years. I also looked into Konig's Flow Formed process vs. Enkei's MAT process and they do sound pretty similar. Anyone else have more knowledge about this?

OP
A FISTer
Thread Starter #12
Received an update from Konig on Facebook. Turns out the rep thought I had been asking about the Focus ST. This is their latest reply regarding the FIST:

"The Hypergram in 4x108 was developed for the Fiesta ST. It is going to be a 17x8. However right now that part number is brand new, we literally just decided to make it a month ago after receiving feedback from the Fiesta ST crowd . It is in production but we wont see them for about 60 more days."

And now we wait...

Received an update from Konig on Facebook. Turns out the rep thought I had been asking about the Focus ST. This is their latest reply regarding the FIST:

"The Hypergram in 4x108 was developed for the Fiesta ST. It is going to be a 17x8. However right now that part number is brand new, we literally just decided to make it a month ago after receiving feedback from the Fiesta ST crowd . It is in production but we wont see them for about 60 more days."

And now we wait...
Thanks for doing the leg work! Hopefully I sell some seats I won in a raffle before then so I can buy them! :)

Now the question will be cost... and maybe more waiting to see if they will do Bronze in our size and not just the grey.

OP
A FISTer
Thread Starter #15
Now the question will be cost... and maybe more waiting to see if they will do Bronze in our size and not just the grey.
They told me cost should be the same as the other 17x8 Hypergrams.

They're essentially testing the market with the first grey batch. They will determine if they'll do another batch after evaluating how well the first run sells.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

They told me cost should be the same as the other 17x8 Hypergrams.

They're essentially testing the market with the first grey batch. They will determine if they'll do another batch after evaluating how well the first run sells.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I guess that makes sense. So between 120-170 a wheel.

+1 bronze. That's what originally caught my eye, second was the weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nice! I'll be on the market for some wheels soon.
I want to see them on the ST before I buy a set

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This is one of the only wheels I would have considered over the 1.2s (due to decent looks, and great weight), but yes, I would want the option of black, or bronze as well, right from their factory, without having to risk powder coating, or even painting.

I would also like to see them on FiSTs with various ride heights, and with some 215/40-17s on them instead of the 'usual' 205/40s/45s. ;)