Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much throttle to achieve boost psi?

Quick question that I would like to get some opinions on.

I currently have a 2016 FiST with approximately 1,500 miles. I am currently running an Auto Meter Boost/Vacuum gauge via an ATI Vent Gauge Pod setup. The gauge is an electronic stepper motor type and is hooked up properly. All vacuum readings are consistent/correct at idle and while city/highway driving.

My question is, how much throttle position is needed to build boost? When city driving, my gauge will rarely rise to ?0? on my gauge, obviously indicating 0 lbs of boost while accelerating. I will be the first to admit that I have been driving this car fairly easy during break-in.

During what I consider more aggressive driving, my gauge has indicated 2 lbs of boost while bringing up the RPM to 3,000 before I let off the throttle.

All in all, how far is everyone pressing on the pedal to achieve normal boost? Does everyone tip into boost while driving normally in the city?

My FiST drives perfect, no issues and I am currently achieving 36.2 mpg combined city/highway driving.

Thanks!

zanethan

I typically see 5 PSI on moderate acceleration and maybe 10 under hard acceleration in 1st.

The Fiesta has gear limited boost. You will never see the full 20 PSI of boost in 1st or 2nd gear. Additionally, the ECU has set HP and torque numbers programmed in. Once those numbers are reached the electronic throttle body (and probably other things) will modulate in order to not exceed them. So what you're seeing is completely normal.