Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Considering Purchasing. Couple of Questions

OP
Thread Starter #41
The stock wheels are 22.5 lb. I have some of these on order in 17's-
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1248-Pro-Race-Wheels-For-Your-Fiesta-ST-!

which will save about 5 lb. per corner, which I also think is significant. Enjoy your drive home and let us know what you think.
Cool, I'll take a look. Has anyone had any problems with these and hitting potholes or anything? I didn't realize the stock wheels are that light already. Will the 17x7.5 fit in the stock tires? Are the stock tires any good?

Another idea if you want a fairly quiet exhaust is the Ford Racing cat back made by Borla. I just put one on my car, and it has enough growl, but doesn't sound like a ricer - I don't really like amplifying the sound of a 4cylinder either, but I got a deal on the exhaust from a friend, and I really like it.

Borla makes the Ford Racing branded exhaust (in fact, the muffler is stamped "Ford Racing by Borla"), but I think this part is being phased out, so some dealers are blowing them out, and listing them "while supplies last". Pricing is all over the place, but the best deal I see is $524 at Levittown Ford: http://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-racing-fiesta-back-exhaust-system-p-2386.html part number is M-5200-FAST.

I like the fact that it's a "Ford branded" part, it's as quiet as stock at cruising speed, and the tailpipes are staggered a bit, following the curve of the bumper. Took me about an hour to install.

HINT HINT - if anyone is in the So. Cal area and needs a stock exhaust, hit me up... just haven't had time to take photos to list it.