Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Considering Purchasing. Couple of Questions

OP
Thread Starter #21
There aren't really any special tools required to perform the upgrade. The most difficult thing about it is the limited work space. Prices range from ~$1500-4300. For what you're asking, a hybrid turbo would best serve up. Poke around the forums for hybrid turbo. There's a lot of discussion on the options.

There are several 350-380whp FiSTs out there on 100% stock powertrains, down to the clutch. The first one blown was the DHM shop owner's. It went around 425whp. We blew my engine too, purposefully pushing it. We're not 100% sure what it was making since I was racing it, but it was def over 430whp. No rods bent or windowed blocks, just ringlands. Currently, my car is built, sitting at 425whp/382wtq and the transmission itself is still 100% stock.
Wow that's just incredible to me. What about the 2.0t in the Ford Escape? Is it as mod-friendly as well?

GAbOS

Passing in the car using lower gears is amazing. The 7 second 0-60 can be a bit deceiving. Since the car weighs so little, it really emphasizes the power it has.

Ford limits the boost in 1st and 2nd. The Cobb Accessport opens that up, makes it a totally different car. I'd say jumping in, that should be a good starting point for a while.

It's a wonderful platform from the factory, with TONS of potential for whatever type of driving you want to do down the road. Check out the community's hero Matt Farrah (the smoking tire) on Youtube. He had one for a while (until he got an RS) and did lots of videos on it, and honestly was the reason I ended up with a FiST. The FiST seems to be his baseline on many comparisons he does to other cars.

Go drive the fist you won't be disappointed, I own nearly new V6 accord 6 speed and although it's quicker off the line once you're in 3rd the game changes. I now drive the fist more due to smiles it gives and as others have stated its agility is fantastic

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Wow that's just incredible to me. What about the 2.0t in the Ford Escape? Is it as mod-friendly as well?
Not particularly. There's no Cobb support for them. Livernois Motorsports tunes them with their own proprietary hand-held tuner. Of note: it's the same block that's in the FoST, but I don't know about the internals. That's about as far as my knowledge on them goes.

OP
Thread Starter #26
Not particularly. There's no Cobb support for them. Livernois Motorsports tunes them with their own proprietary hand-held tuner. Of note: it's the same block that's in the FoST, but I don't know about the internals. That's about as far as my knowledge on them goes.
Yea, and the Escape community doesn't seem to be too performance-minded. Not a lot of info found in my searching. I would guess it could use the same parts that are available for the 2.0t Fusion though huh?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't waste money on cobb parts such as their IC, you can buy the exact same thing for half the price.

Like people have said before, IC, drop in filter, x37 and you'd be laughing. You can YouTube "FiST vs sti" etc etc, to get a peak into what kind of power Pumaspeed hybrids can achieve.

Warranty isn't even a concern, I beat on her daily and she still feels like a brand new car after a year+ of ownership. I would be content owning this car for years to come. It's that good, imo.

I also had that issue v6 6spd vs the fist. The turbo'd engine just has way too much potential for what the parts cost vs BPU's for a v6.

You can not go wrong with this car.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

I read OP and wanted to say... you need more tires before you worry about not being able to aggressive cut in traffic. 7 seconds to 60 means just that... and I have not had one encounter yet with this car in NYC traffic/highways where I said "darn, I couldn't out accelerate that car over there so I am stuck in my lane..." most slow cut isn't dictated by acceleration, its done through reaction, if you're use to faster cars, you will have no issues.

again more (wider, gripy) tires, 1st and 2nd gear pulls can eat tires real fast, especially after a <$425 or so used unmarried accessport with a stage 1 OTS flash.

Weighing in, my last car was a highly modified blown Mustang. Bought an ST, picked up all of the parts used here on the forum to make a Cobb stage 2 package and I have no regrets. L.A. traffic, twistes, the car is a blast. I commute on a motorcycle, so finding holes in traffic is my driving style as well. The ST is more than capable.

Going to keep mine as it is, don't need the hassle of the CA smog police once it's old enough to require inspections.

Thanks for the input guys. It apparently helped, as I think I just put a deposit down on a '16 Kona Blue with less than 3K miles... [drinking]
congrats! I was going to say... if you think you're good at getting around traffic in a tank of a jeep just wait until you're in the FiST.... you could fit 2 fiestas in the spot a SRT8 would take LOL

have fun!

I, too, would encourage a test drive and not dwelling on the numbers you see. At the end of the day, this is a small displacement engine. The exception, and a huge exception at that, is the car accelerates like nobody's business and handles like it's giving the finger to FWD haters.
:D

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I also came from a more powerful car, an E90 M3, and I like the ST a lot more. It's more fun, more accessible, and has a quite a bit of usable power stock.

OP
Thread Starter #36
I also came from a more powerful car, an E90 M3, and I like the ST a lot more. It's more fun, more accessible, and has a quite a bit of usable power stock.
Wow, that's a hellova testament. Im looking forward to picking it up and making the 10 hr drive back home now. Lots of wide open roads and some twisties between the two cities. Already looking at wheels. Anyone know how much the stock silver '16 wheels weigh? I figure if I can reduce 3-5 lb per corner it will be a noticeable improvement.

zanethan

I think the stock wheels weigh in at about 22-25 lbs per wheel.

If you end up with the Fiesta you've made a great choice. I have owned my fair share of high HP cars and the Fiesta beats all of them in fun the drive factor, especially around town and in traffic. The only car that beats it on my list is the Focus ST actually, and its real close between the two.

As far as quiet exhausts go, look into the magnaflow system. I'm in the same boat as not wanting it to be too loud and I'm currently considering it as its just sporty enough to be fun but also could pass as stock in terms of decibel levels.

OP
Thread Starter #38
I think the stock wheels weigh in at about 22-25 lbs per wheel.

If you end up with the Fiesta you've made a great choice. I have owned my fair share of high HP cars and the Fiesta beats all of them in fun the drive factor, especially around town and in traffic. The only car that beats it on my list is the Focus ST actually, and its real close between the two.

As far as quiet exhausts go, look into the magnaflow system. I'm in the same boat as not wanting it to be too loud and I'm currently considering it as its just sporty enough to be fun but also could pass as stock in terms of decibel levels.
Thanks man. Looks like I'm flying out tomorrow morning and should have the Fiesta in my possession by early afternoon.

If it's not a wide open exhaust, is there really any benefit of swapping then? I've used magnaflow on a couple of Mustangs in the past, as well as a couple of the Lightnings I've owned. I'm just not sure about exhaust on a 4cyl. I have Corsa on my Jeep right now. Now that's a beautiful sound.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Wow, that's a hellova testament. Im looking forward to picking it up and making the 10 hr drive back home now. Lots of wide open roads and some twisties between the two cities. Already looking at wheels. Anyone know how much the stock silver '16 wheels weigh? I figure if I can reduce 3-5 lb per corner it will be a noticeable improvement.
The stock wheels are 22.5 lb. I have some of these on order in 17's-
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1248-Pro-Race-Wheels-For-Your-Fiesta-ST-!

which will save about 5 lb. per corner, which I also think is significant. Enjoy your drive home and let us know what you think.

Woohoo! Team Kona Blue!

Also there seems to be a little word spreading that there will be 17x8 konig hypergrams coming for our cars, at 16 lbs each... I am waiting for those since I cant find a good price of Braid 16x8 wheels.

Cobb AP asap, you won't regret it.