Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Locking "Gas Cap"

I agree that it should be standard. This is my first car where the gas cap has no release in the cabin so it bothers me a bit.
Even better would be if they had made it like the Focus where blends in well.

I just had the the dealer throw the locking cap in to get me to buy the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had one of these from the dealer parts dept. (using a 15% discount coupon) on the car in the first week of ownership.

Yes, a little more pain when filling up, but so worth it! [thumb]

I want to make more keys for it, and am having some trouble finding anyone who can do this for the double-sided key it uses.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I bought the car for features like no keys........no gas cap.....I will stay with no keys or gas cap!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
why would we be concerned about locking gas caps? All modern cars have valve in the tank that prevents siphoning.
Actually, you would only need a funnel similar to the one that came with the car allowing you to fill with a gas can. Haven't heard of any issues lately because this feature is relatively new, but it's just a matter of time before thieves figure this out and having no lock means "easy pickings".