Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 Ambient Lighting No Longer Above Glove Box?!

Butterybunz

Hey Folks,

I recently picked up a brand new 2017 Fiesta ST and noticed it doesn't have ambient lighting above the glove box like my 2014 did.... Is this the same for all 2017 model years or is mine defective?

Picture below for the area I'm talking about:

Thanks!

Update on 10/24/17: A solution has been posted on post #56!

Last edited:
I searched last night but couldnt find anything. If you get a chance, look inside that opening for a led. Its skinny and takes up the whole distance of the slot. You can even feel it there. If you have a light there, its should be working. Hope this helps. [like]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Not that I've personally experienced it, but there were some people on the forums here who complained that the light reflected off the side window glass and interfered with their ability to view the passenger side mirror. They could have eliminated it for that reason.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
but there were some people on the forums here who complained that the light reflected off the side window glass and interfered with their ability to view the passenger side mirror. They could have eliminated it for that reason.
I'm one of those folks, couldn't stand the reflection so I disconnected that one.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I had my 2014 FiST tinted, my 2016 is not tinted yet. I disconnected it as soon as I got home from the dealer the day I bought my car.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
For those that experience it, I suspect window tint may exacerbate the issue.

Can you explain to the poster, how you accessed the wiring harness to unplug the LED strip ?

Another possible indicator, is to check parts catalogs that is specific to the 2017, to see whether they include the strip or the wiring harness for it. (dealership parts center will help with this)

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Your right about the window tint making the reflection worse. To unplug the LED drop the glove box door reach up on the left side of the opening and feel for the wiring harness until it go's into the bulb holder. I just pulled it out. You cant see up in there. I left it dangling the light still burns but you cant see it at all because its up in the dash.

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #11
Yup, I'm confirming they removed the above glove box ambient lighting for 2017

maciek01

I have 2017 EU model and I have the ambient light. It can be switched on/off in the sync settings.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have 2017 EU model and I have the ambient light. It can be switched on/off in the sync settings.
Why does all the cool shit never make across the pond? :(

The reflection is there and all but i've grown accustomed to ignoring it. Too bad they removed it from the '17. I was going to buy a second FiST for the wife but now fugghedaboutit! :p

Just got my 17 and I thought it was broken. Kind of bummed me out. lol. Would it be possible to add the light ourselves?

Seriously, does anyone know if it would be possible to add the dash light? I think there is just a plastic cover in place of it now. Are the connections still there? If I could get a hold of the oem light that goes there maybe it could be put in?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I have it and i dont have any glare problems. Real men dont't. LOL