Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

X27/37 turbo

Do you know if X27 / 37 turbo for Fiesta ST180 works well with small Airtec cooler?or is necessary a big cooler? thanks

I have the x37 with mountunes intercooler. anything after 80 degrees outside it does not do its' job.

I have the x37 with a Mtc intercooler, works great, no issues in higher temperatures.

Do you know if X27 / 37 turbo for Fiesta ST180 works well with small Airtec cooler?or is necessary a big cooler? thanks
I think you will be fine with Airtec cooler on a hybrid setup. I believe the Airtec is very similar to Cobb/MTC and many people are running these intercoolers on hybrid setups with little issues. If you were going big turbo then you might need something else. Mountune is tube and fin and utilizes a different core and is not quite as effective as some of the bar and plate options when it comes to keeping charge temps low.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
I think you will be fine with Airtec cooler on a hybrid setup. I believe the Airtec is very similar to Cobb/MTC and many people are running these intercoolers on hybrid setups with little issues. If you were going big turbo then you might need something else. Mountune is tube and fin and utilizes a different core and is not quite as effective as some of the bar and plate options when it comes to keeping charge temps low.
Thanks mate