Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sharing some issues I have with my 2016

Just wanted to share some issues I'm having with my 2016. I'll be bringing it to my local Ford dealer in the next week to have them look.

2016 ST with currently 11k miles. I got the car with 6k and pretty much all of these have been present the entire time I've owned it.

- Upon filling the gas tank, I get rough idle for quite awhile until it settles down. This does not happen every time, but probably 50% of the fill ups.

- Loud clunk from front end. Happens when I shift, clutch in, or just tap the brake. Essentially, any time the weight or momentum of the car shifts either forwards or backwards, it clunks. And in the past 4 days I'm now getting noticable clicking from the drivers side when i turn the wheel either direction immediately following one of these clunks. My thought is I have the same issue as SQFist did with his 16 and its the CV Axles. Also, I got under the car after my last oil change and was able to physically wiggle the CV axle in the transmission. No bueno.

- Passenger seat heater turns off shortly after heating up. Drivers side does not.

Our cars are notorious for the fill up issue, mine has even died before shorthly after fillup. Not normal, but normal, if that makes any sense?

That clunk your hearing sounds like it may be a broken motor mount, more than likely the passanger or driver side mount. Ive seen one of these break and it shifts the motor around which is probably pulling on your axles, making them click when you turn. That needs to be seen asap.

Not sure about the seat heater as i have the base seats but it sounds like a bad relay or something.

Sorry to hear about that man. Hope everything gets worked out at the dealership.

Our cars are notorious for the fill up issue, mine has even died before shorthly after fillup. Not normal, but normal, if that makes any sense?

That clunk your hearing sounds like it may be a broken motor mount, more than likely the passanger or driver side mount. Ive seen one of these break and it shifts the motor around which is probably pulling on your axles, making them click when you turn. That needs to be seen asap.

Not sure about the seat heater as i have the base seats but it sounds like a bad relay or something.

Sorry to hear about that man. Hope everything gets worked out at the dealership.
The idle thing happens about 80% of the time I fill up. Still curious as to why ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you fill the car with fuel, let it auto-shutoff. Don't try to add more (top off).