Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I got pulled over by the cops.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Here we go. I got pulled over by 2 cops on a Kansas HWY. I got pulled over because I was driving in the left lane (no other cars were present). The reason I was driving in the left lane was because it was smoother than the right lane at the time. As we know, the ride can be bumpy, and was just mitigating the bumps.

I was so caught off guard that I was getting pulled over, that I left the car in 6th gear while halting to a stop. The car made a coughing fit, and died.

The reason for the this post is because I'm worried that it was harmful to the vehicle, and would like some thoughts/opinions from others.

Just to finish the story, I got a warning for "lingering in the left lane."

Thanks!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Engine will be fine.

Don't sweat'em. A lot folks jam on the brakes when they notice them. Not only is that potentially dangerous for the folks behind them, (if they're not paying attention,) but that's the cop's queue to pull you over. IF you're greater than seven over posted, simply let off the accelerator. Several times in the past I've witnessed them play games and will act like they're going to pull out in front of you in an intersection just to illicit that reaction. I never brake and just keep on roll'n. They'll also do things like tail you down a hill waiting to see if you have a light out. Don't ever downshift for hills but I'll do it just to f* with'em and not have to use the brake. The more time they waste with me, the less time they'll have *ick'n around with the next victim. One even pulled me over because my tags are at the TOP of the plate instead of the bottom... which is NOT illegal according to the ordinance. That's just a sample of the stupid stuff they pull to waste taxpayer time and money.

My very first ticket was for driving 5mph over the limit. They think they're on a mission. I do everything I can to avoid being pulled over to begin with. But when I do, it's "Yes sir", "No sir". I've gotten very few tickets as a result.

Also never say anything incriminating like when a cop will ask "Do you know how fast you were going?", just don't answer or tell them to tell you what speed they got you going at.

I got pulled over on the way to San Diego just outside of Yuma. I was going 92 in a 75. Thought I was just cruising ha ha. The cop asked for my license and registration and left to run my stuff. When he came back and handed back the items he said what kind of car is this? I said it's a fiesta ST and he said it looks quick... four banger? Turbo? I said yes sir both. He says I can see why you were going 92. Then proceeds to give me a ticket for going 80 in a 75 and told me to be careful out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive in 2 states frequently. Ohio, and Michigan. Michigan law says left lane (on a 2 lane highway) should only be used only for passing. Ohio doesn't have any laws like that. I also have areas that I prefer the left lane because its smoother! Haven't run into trouble yet!!!

Kansas does have a law on the books where you are not to stay in the left lane unless you are passing. I'm with you though...there are some awful roads where the left lane is much better.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

And here I was just doing that on highway 10 through Arizona yesterday. But the big rigs were riding the left lane too, and I figured if they could, it must not be a big deal.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
And here I was just doing that on highway 10 through Arizona yesterday. But the big rigs were riding the left lane too, and I figured if they could, it must not be a big deal.
They often do this because there's a pig ahead. This is aside from the state law that says you must be two lanes over from an emergency vehicle stopped with lights on. (too many cops turned into flying rag dolls by drivers who like moths, get lost in the lights and smack into them)

Nah, in this spot, for about 10 miles, the right lane was all chewed up. I was driving a truck and trailer for work and was bouncing all over in the right lane.

Hmm here's a fun story with the cops. The girlfriend and I drove from Calgary down to Vegas for a hockey tournament. You know how some people collect souvenirs? I collected speeding tickets. We got our 1st one south of Calgary on the Canadian side, 130km in a 110km zone, 300 CAD. Proceeded to get another one in Montana, 80mph in a 70mph zone, as well as one south of Salt Lake and one just outside of Vegas, can't remember the speeds for the last two though. The funny part is, despite getting 3 tickets on the US side, the 3 of them combined were less than the ticket on the Canadian side. Not to mention, the US cops were super friendly, but maybe that's just because they saw my Alberta plate? In any case, speeding in the US was a good time, lower ticket prices and much nicer roads!

V_2

They just recently enacted one of those "slow poke" laws here in TN last July. For about a month I actively obliged. I then stopped caring after seeing a state trooper cruising in the left lane just about every day during my commute. Not sure what I expected, though, since they can't even be bothered to enforce HOV laws around here.

They just recently enacted one of those "slow poke" laws here in TN last July. For about a month I actively obliged. I then stopped caring after seeing a state trooper cruising in the left lane just about every day during my commute. Not sure what I expected, though, since they can't even be bothered to enforce HOV laws around here.
Many years ago, I was a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over for 72 in a 70 just outside Murfreesboro.

Driver agreed to let cop search the car. Driver got off with a warning. Let's just say things did not end well for me, and I had to return to Murfreesboro a couple more times as a result.

2 mph over cost me a lot of time and money and I wasn't even driving.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
You guys would hate driving here, people hog the fast lane. Most times I do about 15-20 miles over the limit. No ticket the last 6+ years, but everyone speeds around here. Funny thing is, all the rich immigrants drive super slow in the left lane, and when you honk or lose your shit. They don't give a fuck and continue driving slow. Trump that bi%#*^

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Siestarider

I have been pulled over five times since Aug 2013. My car is white and the ST on rear is whited out. I look as stock as possible, wheels not stock but not wild either.

One written speed warning (Dragon, radar gun), three verbals for 10-15 over, another verbal on way to Sebring early am, saw me pass an erratic dawdler more than 30 over but I braked hard and pulled over before he could clock me. He did ask me how fast I was going, but I explained I was avoiding dawdler not watching speedo.

Totally true, I checked tach for 3/4 shift, saw popo out of peripheral vision and shut down.

Be polite and compliant. Most officers seem to feel giving a fiesta a speeding ticket is a little beneath them. Works for me. But I save my high speed fun for the track.

Ha! Try Michigan sometime, our state symbol is a pothole.
Your state is absolutely ridiculous!

Driving through to Chicago (crossed at Sarnia) or up to Presqu'Ile you just bounce for hours at a time. Please learn how to pave your roads in more than 6ft sections at a time... wow the fiesta wheelbase meant that for about 1 hour it violently porpoised over and over and over and over... almost had to throw up