Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I got pulled over by the cops.

Ha! Try Michigan sometime, our state symbol is a pothole.
I swear tucson is the same way I am terrified to get rims for this very reason. So many flat spots on my stock rims. I think I may go meaty tires for this reason alone :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car will be just fine.

As far as the police, the one and only word to remember is "COMPLIANCE." The Yes Sir, No Sir approach is the way to go. The more open and honest you are, combined with the least amount of attitude, the better off you will be.

Zormecteon

Many years ago, I was a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over for 72 in a 70 just outside Murfreesboro.

Driver agreed to let cop search the car. Driver got off with a warning. Let's just say things did not end well for me, and I had to return to Murfreesboro a couple more times as a result.

2 mph over cost me a lot of time and money and I wasn't even driving.
The police have pulled people over for going even 1 mph over the limit (as an excuse to search the car).. they have pulled people over for going EXACTLY the speed limit as "based on my knowledge and experience it is known that drug dealers drive at exactly the limit so that won't get pulled over.. (as an excuse to search the car) and they have been pulled over for driving 5 mph under the speed limit "base on my knowledge and experience drug dealers drive under the speed limit so they won't get pulled over (as an excuse to search the car.... .. cases in Florida and Tennessee, out of state plates, (as an excuse to confiscate CASH) under civil asset forfeiture laws....

The quotes are testimonial... .. I'm not a member of the constabulary myself.

So how about a good pull over? About 100 years ago when I was in my late teens in England, I got stopped for doing 60mph in a 40mph limit in my 1959 Ford Consul (nobody here will know what that was). I told the guy the truth - the engine had been misfiring and I was trying to see what revs it did it at. After a lecture he said that he used to have the same car and we ended up under the bonnet (hood) together checking connections. He even told me of a good local guy he used. Happy Days.

Another good cop story or at least an honest one. I was in my grey E92 M3 cruising near a lady in a white E350. We had been going at a pretty good clip but came to a small town that I know is patrolled a lot. I slowed to the speed limit. She didn't like that so she went around me. Right after that my radar went off and I saw a cop coming the other way. He passed and did a u turn . I pull to the right to Let him by but he pulls behind me. I stop. He walks up to my car looks in and says "you're not the one in after" turns around and gets back in his car. I guess I didn't look like a long haired blond being an old greying guy. I was happy he didn't decide to harass me since he had me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Trump will not be able to fix the infrastructure, it's just not viable.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Siestarider

Another cop story. After pulling into the turnout in Tennessee end of Dragon when the officer stepped out with the radar gun and I knew I was toast, we got to talking. When he decided to give me a warning instead of speeding ticket, he asked if I wanted some other roads fun to drive. Sure! He gave me three (all outside of Tennessee). I only ran two of them that trip, but the guy knew his fun roads. He also gave me the name of a photog who hangs just a little east shooting cars, so I pulled up the web site when I got home and I bought a pic of my car in a stout curve lean and framed it with the warning, where it hangs in my garage.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My very first ticket was for driving 5mph over the limit. They think they're on a mission. I do everything I can to avoid being pulled over to begin with. But when I do, it's "Yes sir", "No sir". I've gotten very few tickets as a result.
I can respect that approach, but I never liked bullies. I work and mind my own business; don't bother anyone. So there are times I'm like, f*** that "yes sir" and "no sir" BS. You're in my neighborhood wasting tax payer time and money, not serving or protecting the public (unless their becoming a public nuisance qualifies), but are instead busy manufacturing crimes. No individual's rights were in any way threatened or trampled upon. Nobody at any point was nearly placed at any risk. Nobody called you. It often takes two or three (or more) to perform a normal traffic stop, sometimes unnecessarily impeding traffic in the process. They regularly falsify reports and to top it off, use people's cell phones to track their location. So I got a teeny bit clever with this one. You annoy me, waste my time, I annoy you, waste your time. It's near single digit temps, but I roll down a window and blast... wait... let me find it... reggae music. (read: stereo type -- must have drugs) This of course means that another cop gets called. After trying all his little stupid questions designed to infer self-incrimination, I just ended it. Goes back to vehicle, calls boss, waits for arrival. After the boss's arrival, completing background looking for any dirt, having conversation, later comes around, checks the front of the vehicle, walks back. I roll down the other three and crank it even louder. (he had already commented on it earlier so I know it annoys him) So the dude finally comes back around and hands me his ticket stating sign and return. It's cold out. He wants me to sign it and return it so he and his boss can return to their cozy cruisers. Nope. I start reading the thing as if I were in Kindergarten, going over e v e r y l e t t e r o f t h e t i c k e t , e v e n f l i p p i n g t h e t h i n g o v e r . He repeatedly interrupts me, wait, wait, where was I... start over. I start reading the thing as if I were in Kindergarten, going over e v e r y l e t t e r o f t h e t i c k e t , e v e n f l i p p i n g t h e t h i n g o v e r . When he again demands signature so they can "be on their way," I then drive home the point about wasting peoples' time. So it's okay you waste our time, but when your time gets wasted it's a problem. (and once again, this time spent d**k'n with me is less time spent d**k'n with somebody else) Boss over on the other side just demands that I hand it back without the signature. Yep, right after I sign it (knowing they'll probably change it). So after stalling another few minutes more, he starts issuing threats so I finally scribble a "signature" on the thing, then start checking over the carbon copies and eventually hand it to the boss waiting on the passenger side. Yep, another selectively-enforced 'no front plate' ticket. Yessah Nosahh how about bullies can kiss-my-ahss-sah. [driving]