Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What would you trade the FiST for?

I would say that I would take a FoST or a WRX. The problem is that I have become accustom to the upgrades in my ST. If I were to get all those in either of the new vehicles, I would be spending closer to 35k. At that point, I would just drop a couple more k's on an FoRS.
Having just come from 3 yrs. and 51K mi. with a '14 Focus ST I would not go back. I really liked my Focus but this Fiesta ST is the epitome of that old adage that sometimes "less is more." I won't go into specifics, item by item, but the Focus is a car that you have to fight with to get the most out of it. The Fiesta just does what you want it to do. I've had two other cars that were intuitive like the Fiesta. One was a modified E30 BMW 325 is (think H&R Springs and Bilsteins for starters.) the other was a 1970 Lotus Elan. The Focus is a great car but the Fiesta is better in a lot of ways. How either works for you is dependent on what you want out of a car.

Personally, I can't see myself selling the FiST anytime soon I absolutely love the car and plan on retiring it from daily driver status this fall. My other car is a BMW M235i which used can be found in the low 30s. It has nearly as many accolades as the FiST but in a higher price bracket (http://www.caranddriver.com/features/bmw-m235i-2016-10best-cars-feature). It's 320hp / 330tq and if modified can easily hit 400whp if you don't mind running a piggyback. I wanted an RS really bad, opted for this instead and I've never been unhappy with the car.

b553963157349a1a6c0df514df6b682d36579977_1_666x500.jpg

Alfa Romero 4C. :) Carbon fiber chassis, weighs as much as an ND MX-5 but has 240 hp. Its a mini Ferrari.

Edit: Used, in a few years, will be about the same price as a new Focus RS.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Having just come from 3 yrs. and 51K mi. with a '14 Focus ST I would not go back. I really liked my Focus but this Fiesta ST is the epitome of that old adage that sometimes "less is more." I won't go into specifics, item by item, but the Focus is a car that you have to fight with to get the most out of it. The Fiesta just does what you want it to do. I've had two other cars that were intuitive like the Fiesta. One was a modified E30 BMW 325 is (think H&R Springs and Bilsteins for starters.) the other was a 1970 Lotus Elan. The Focus is a great car but the Fiesta is better in a lot of ways. How either works for you is dependent on what you want out of a car.

Do you still have the Elan?

If not, I would NOT have gotten rid of that, one of my FAVE cars of all time!!

Used? Well I would probably get something along the lines of an M235 like posted before. Also I haven't seen any, but I would totally get an Alfa Romeo Giulia but then of course I already got the FiST. In hindsight though, I think I would have gotten the focus if only because it is bigger and has quite a bit more room. At that point, fuck what I would do for an RS

2014-2016 Cadillac ATS 3.6 rwd w/ magnetic ride and real lsd. They go around 20-25k for low mileage model. But every time I drive the fist, I don't want to sell it.

If I had all the funds needed to modify them, and the time to use them properly, I'd trade it for a bronco or Wrangler (manual only, of course). Seriously considering pouncing for the new bronco as a "family" car when it comes out. But Ford has to not screw it up. Don't give me any of that ifs crap in my offroad vehicle dammit!

But considering I don't have the funds and I absolutely don't have the time to go rock crawling, never getting rid of the FiST [driving]