Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potential New Owner - Questions First.

AdamITR

Hi everyone. So, I'm in the initial stages of looking for a higher performance / affordable car. I'll be looking at 4 vehicles.

1. 2015 Ford Fiesta ST, 22K miles, White, No Recaro
2. 2013 Ford Focus ST, 29K miles, Red, Base, No Recaro
3. 2012 Honda Civic SI Sedan, 44K miles, Black
4. 2013 Honda Civic SI Couple, 50K miles, Blue

So, I used to own an Acura Integra Type R, '00 PY. I raced the car as well. Also, a '90 Ford SHO.

Here are my questions:

Regarding the Fiesta ST ... I'm 6'4, 36 inseam, 240lbs, good shape. Will I fit with enough legroom? I need to have plenty of steering wheel clearance with legs. Also, how about headroom? If any of you considered the Focus, is it similar? Yes, I have looked up the specs online, but prefer to have real world opinions. And yes, I will be test driving this week. Closest vehicle is about 1-1/2 hours away

Second, I know that the driver's seat will be all the way back for me. My wife is tall as well, 5'11. We have a 6yr old, a tall and growing boy. How will the legroom be for him? He's in a booster seat now.

Third, I'm Very familiar with the Honda cars, any opinions on how the SI's compare to the Focus & Fiesta ST's?

Ty for all your help.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Welcome, I'm 6'4" 200lbs and fit fine in the FiST with the seat all the way back. It might be a tight fit thought for you son in the back. Best bet is to try it before you by it.

Welcome to the forum! Of those 4 IMO, the civic sedan will be the most comfortable to drive. The fiesta is gonna be a little tight on room for you guys as your wife and son will be fighting for room. The focus is a good car too, has more room than the fiesta and is more powerful than all. But the ride is a bit firmer than the civic. I came from a 98 integra gs-r and 08 mugen si before this car lol. Still miss them to this day.

OP
A

AdamITR

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the responses! The more I think about it, the Fiesta *might* be too small. I will still look at one, there is a Focus ST, that is 25 miles away, gonna see that tomorrow.

Is there any other cars that I should consider??

Zormecteon

The Fiesta is too small for a growing family. .. The Focus probably is too, depending upon how long you intend to keep it. 6 years from now your son will be hitting a growth spurt and be cramped in the back, especially if he has to sit behind you or your wife in either of the Fords. I can't speak about the Hondas. ... If you intend to change cars before then, it's a different set of parameters.

My 2?

The Fiesta is too small for a growing family. .. The Focus probably is too, depending upon how long you intend to keep it. 6 years from now your son will be hitting a growth spurt and be cramped in the back, especially if he has to sit behind you or your wife in either of the Fords. I can't speak about the Hondas. ... If you intend to change cars before then, it's a different set of parameters.

My 2?
I would agree with this. Sound like long term you might want to look at something bigger. Ford Fusion, Vw Passat, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, Subi Legacy, ect. I bought a FiST because 90% of my driving is just me. 10% is myself and just my daughter or 1 adult passenger. With my 6 year old daughter in a booster in the back, I move the front passenger seat almost all the way forward. You could definitely fit 4 adults, but it better be a hella short trip lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm 6'3" and fit just fine. I started out all the way back and in a few days, it felt too far. I've now scooted fairly close and love it, heel/toeing is much easier.