Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 4 TB Performance install.

I am installing the TB performance stage 4 kit tomorrow. It comprises of a torsion bar, I-brace, cross member brace, trunk brace, and traction bar.

I have done lower stress bars on VWs before so the traction bar seems pretty easy. How is the install for the cross member brace? My concern is taking the bolts out for the cross member brace and having some portion of the front suspension hanging and not being able to get things back in the place to start the bolts again.

Any pointers?

OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #2
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG

sorry the middle picture is upside down. I took that for my friend in Australia.

I went ahead and installed the rear bar. I haven't driven it.

I didn't really see much in the way of instructions so here it goes.

remove the false floor. remove the two plastic trim pieces that act as the catch for the false floor (1 8mm bolt holds each one)
T45 torx holds on the bracket. One bolt on each side....shimmy the bar in there with the bend facing the REAR of the car (it needs to curve around the center mount for the rear seat) and then notch the two trim pieces so they fit over the bar. I used a pair of metal shears and a razor blade on the curved part.

put it all back the way you found it.

the bars you see in the picture are what I have left to do tomorrow. I am also doing a cobb motor mount.

Last edited:
OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #4
IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG

Install was silly easy. I had a lift though....but it's totally doable with jack stands. It took about 30 min all said and done.

OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #5
If you find this in the Cobb box UNDER the foam when you get home....you get to reinstall the trans mount with jack stands.

IMG_1072.JPG

you also get to enlist the help of tinkerbell and her friends.
IMG_1073.JPG

OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #6
So, how does it drive? Well, it drives like it did before.... BUT, it feels a lot more surefooted. Meaning, I don't feel like I am driving on the ragged edge. I feel like I am driving something that is communicating better. I did step the back out....but that was me misbehaving.

If I was on a budget, I would get the torsion bar and lower traction bar. I would then get the upper stress bar to box in the front end. The rear shock tower brace is another I might do. The four point lower brace replaces the two non-attached braces from the factory and honestly, the I brace, while lighter, seem less structurally sound than the OEM one. I have no data to back that up. It's based on feelings. I HAVE FEELINGS YOU KNOW.

the Cobb engine/trans mount is sweet. Anyone who complains about vibration with that mount pees sitting down. It's not bad at all. I mean, it's barely noticeable. If someone didnt tell me they had a mount I might not have guessed it based on idle alone.

Waterfan

Thanks for the write-ups. 10/10 would read again.

Random thought/questions: Looks like TB offers everything BUT the upper strut tower brace. Do you think that means they don't feel it is necessary? Or just "still in development" for some odd reason? (or is it on their Fiesta ST webpage somewhere and I am simply blind?)

OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #8
I asked him last night about the strut bar. He said it's largely cosmetic due to the layout and design of the fiesta's suspension. He said he only sells things that actually make a difference for the car. Daniel is actually very accessible. He's a cool dude to boot.