Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wilwood BBK Help

So I just finished installing wilwoods BBK and there's a weird whine when I put a lot of pressure on the pedal. I took them apart again and made sure everything was installed correctly which they were and nothing appeared to be rubbing. It's only under heavy braking. I can only describe it as a whine that decreases pitch as the car slows down. Has anyone else encountered this? I'm going to call wilwood tomorrow to see if they have any suggestions.

Mine made a pretty terrible noise at first too. I think it's the e coating or whatever it is they put on the rotor making contact with the pads. Once you do some hard stopping and wear that coating off the noise should go away.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine made a pretty terrible noise at first too. I think it's the e coating or whatever it is they put on the rotor making contact with the pads. Once you do some hard stopping and wear that coating off the noise should go away.
+1 - mine quieted down as soon as I heat cycled the pads. Oh, and be sure to heat cycle the pads!

+1 - mine quieted down as soon as I heat cycled the pads. Oh, and be sure to heat cycle the pads!
Correct, and often referred to as " bedding in". A few consecutive firm slow downs from 40-50mph to about 15ish repeated a few times. You want to get them hot enough to smoke a bit just not catch fire lol.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
I did bed the pads in as well. I guess I will give it a few days and see where I'm at. Thanks for the help guys!