Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best tune for stock car?

My experience with ECU flashes is limited to COBB for WRX. It was a simple procedure that netted me 20HP+ on a stock car, and lasted for many years. That's all I'm looking for. I won't be doing IC, intake, or exhaust upgrades. Just want a little more pep with a some data displays/logging. Also, would love to get rid of/reduce rev hang and improve throttle response. What would you recommend?

ETA: 2017 model.

My experience with ECU flashes is limited to COBB for WRX. It was a simple procedure that netted me 20HP+ on a stock car, and lasted for many years. That's all I'm looking for. I won't be doing IC, intake, or exhaust upgrades. Just want a little more pep with a some data displays/logging. What would you recommend?

ETA: 2017 model.
Can't recommend Stratified enough. For the price of a new AP you get their tune, which is far better than the OTS Cobb tune.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=300

I just did Cobb stage 1 (v400) yesterday and I was blown away the night and day difference, I got a good price off a memeber on here so I jumped on it, I heard stratified is even better, if your buying new go startified, will be the best money you spend

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
What features would you recommend getting with Stratified?

I just loaded my Stratified tune this morning and ....WOWEE! Car is stock engine wise and man night and day difference... low end, mid range, top end. So happy.

What features would you recommend getting with Stratified?
On a stock car? Possibly just the spark-based Traction Control (works surprisingly well). It's more about what you want from it. Do you have a long commute and need better mileage? Get an eco slot. Do you use valet quite a bit? Get a valet slot. Does the shift light annoy you? Disable it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Just wanted to confirm. I can switch to a different tune using the same AccessPort, right? Say, I get Stratified and install it. If I want to install Cobb OTS tune, I download it, load it to the AP, flash my ECU.
Also, all of the mods I'm finding online mention 2016 model year but none 2017. Cobb AP, for example, says 2014-2016. 2017 is the same as 2016, correct?

Just wanted to confirm. I can switch to a different tune using the same AccessPort, right? Say, I get Stratified and install it. If I want to install Cobb OTS tune, I download it, load it to the AP, flash my ECU.
Also, all of the mods I'm finding online mention 2016 model year but none 2017. Cobb AP, for example, says 2014-2016. 2017 is the same as 2016, correct?
Yes, you will be able to use Stratified and Cobb OTS tunes when purchasing from Stratified.

As for 2017, I'm not entirely positive. I would imagine it will be the same as 2016, but haven't heard for sure.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
No support for 2017 from Cobb, yet. Supposedly, they're promising to release an update that provides compatibility in a month or so.

Pablojj17

Hi, I from Colombia, I already have a Stage 3 from Cobb in my ´18 FiSTa and a tune from Stratified, and the results in dyno are very lame, I looking for new tuner, anyone can recomended one?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi, I from Colombia, I already have a Stage 3 from Cobb in my ´18 FiSTa and a tune from Stratified, and the results in dyno are very lame, I looking for new tuner, anyone can recomended one?
Maybe you need to work with the tuner you have, first. I think Stratified offers that. Send them your data, and they can change it for your car.

Mountune offers that, too, but try talking to Stratified first. I've read that they're very helpful.

Pablojj17

Yes, I would do that first, but I´m looking for another option in case stratified can´t help me, I´m thinking in Dizzy or JST.

Pablojj17

195whp and 250lb/ft with stg3 cobb and Stratified tune, and 207whp and 233lb/ft only with cobb tune and stg3 of hardware.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Your whp numbers are just fine for stock turbo. Your torque numbers are definitely on the low end from what I have seen. What fuel is your tune made for? Dizzy is very popular.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Pablojj17

Probably your right but if I buy a file from stratified I want more power not less, I´m using 93oct

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe you need to work with the tuner you have, first. I think Stratified offers that. Send them your data, and they can change it for your car.

Mountune offers that, too, but try talking to Stratified first. I've read that they're very helpful.
IF that's A BIG IF they answer they're phone or answer their EMAILS in an orderly fashion. They Get BUSY and forget about people who they have an obligation with and don't care to honor their word. So I went with Jason @ Dizzy instead...Best decision I have made tune wise. He will also be doing my Aux fuel tuning when it gets installed. Always punctual with his emails and answers questions thoroughly. Hit up Dizzy tuning as he hasn't become to big for his britches and customer service is on point! [driving]

How is the lead time if you buy a Cobb Accessport (with Stratified Tune) from Stratified- I ask since they are in Canada. Would it be better to buy a Cobb AP locally in the states and just get the down loaded Stratified tune after?